25th Anniversary Flame Maple CW QI review by Seagull

Seagull: 25th Anniversary Flame Maple CW QI

Price paid: A$ 799

Purchased from: The Acoustic Centre South Melbourne

I play a variety of styles of music. From Jazz, to Funk, to Rock and even Blues. No matter what I have played, this guitar has simply sounded amazing. I have only really ever put it through a sound system and it sounds just as great without it plugged in. This guitar surely does project sound well. I love every single note that projects from this guitar.

This guitar fits my playing requirements perfectly. I have been a musician for over 10 years. I don't own that much equipment, but I get to play various expensive guitars, such a Matons, Gibsons etc. I own A Yamaha 12 string (can't be bothered looking at model no.), a Fender Squire and an Ovation copy. If I were to lose it, immediately I would go out and buy it again.

This guitar will and has lasted its testaments and trials. It is a guitar to last as it is made of such high quality. The hardware is just as solid as the guitar itself. The guitar is fairly light and goes easy on straps-this assures that it will not drop that easily.

The action is a bit too low for me, as when I hit it a little hard it reverberates against the neck which is a bit annoying. Often it is hardly noticeable(hence why I haven't mentioned it in sound). The pickups work perfectly each time. Everything is in its rightful place with no dodgy manufacturing-it is a very well made guitar.

Apparently, mine was made 3 years ago. It (obviously) is a Canadian made guitar. It has a 21 fat fretboard made out of rosewood, while the neck is silver leaf maple. It is a solid-spruce top made out of flame maple. It features a standard Godin Quantum 1 setup, with a in-built tuner, singular volume, tone and bass knobs. The store gave me a fantastically light Tric case which is basically a high quality polystyrene (or similar material) molded and coloured. All of the above features are exactly what I was looking for and perform to its exact measure.