Artist Cameo Review

7,743
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Artist Cameo Reviewed by: RockNRollCowboy, on july 07, 2011

Purchased from: Bailey Brothers

Features: Made HANDMADE in the villiage of La Patrie, Quebec Canada. Acoustic Electric with Godin Quantum II built in the top with a mic selector, volume, treble, and bass knobs. Bought in december 2010. Top: Select Pressure Tested Solid Spruce Back & Sides: Solid Flame Maple Neck: Mahogany Fingerboard: Rosewood Bridge: Rosewood Nut: Tusq Saddle: compensated Tusq Finish: High-Gloss Nut Width: 1.8" Upper Bout: 11.38" Lower Bout: 15.87" Waist: 10.54" Body Length: 19.8" Body Depth: 4.9 Tuners: Seagulls Case: TRIC (Temperature Resistant Impact Case) included This case is extremely light weight and easier to carry and IT FLOATS!! (you know in case you get shipwrecked on an island with your guitar, your guitar case will save your life!) // 10

Sound: I went into my music store to buy an Acoustic but then I saw this in the back and the price was $1, 850 but I got it for $800 cause the guy said they had had it forever and needed to get rid of it (People here in Alabama don't even know what seagulls are lol). It's my understanding that although Seagull produced many artist cameo acoustics only a handful were handmade and this one is one of the few and the proud. I play alot of Jimmy Buffett, Peter Mayer, and alot of other stuff when I do Acoustic gigs which ranges from all over the place. I use Martin bluegrass strings on it and they sound great and the guitar has a great full rich tone. I tried all other acoustics from Epiphone, Gibson, and Breedlove and this ine just had more of a unique rich sound to it. This guitar also has the greatest sound when plugged in. I use a Fender FM212 DSP on the Acoustic setting and I've never a better sounding Acoustic electric. There is no feedback on this and if you want to mess with the settings you can make it produce a very twangy popping sound which is great and also running effects through this it still sounds great with no feedback. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought it the set up on it was perfect and I used the strings that were on it for a long time till I changed to Martins, and well the action and finish on this guitar are very smooth. Your fingers just slide over the guitar. In short, the guitar is set up perfectly. Also, something really cool is the fret marker on the 12th fret is a Seagull. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar does withstand live playing and the way Seagull's headstocks are designed, strings last longer and sound better longer. I've dropped this a few times and hit a few walls with it and surprisingly there is still not a scratch on it. And I've had it since last december. When I gig Acoustic this is the only guitar I bring. I have beat this thing to death and it still looks brand new. // 10

Overall Impression: For the music I do which ranges from country to rock to blues to Island music, it is perfect for everything. My favourite part is that you are able to mess with the Eq on the side of the guitar. I've been playing for about six years now and I have owned a Yamaha and I had a Martin for a bit. But, this sounds better than them and all of my friends'. I love everything about this guitar and if someone had the balls to steal it from me I'd hunt them down because I wouldn't have enough money to buy another since I got mine half off and I probaly wouldn't even be able to find another one. Overall this is a very smooth rich sounding guitar, and I think it sounds better than the breed loves and martins I looked at. I usually don't give guitars perfect scores but this one deserves a perfect 10! If you are looking for an amazing Acoustic heck, even an Acoustic electric thatll last you a lifetime that makes people drool when you play then this is the guitar for you! // 10

Comments