Entourage Rustic Mini Jumbo review by Seagull

Seagull: Entourage Rustic Mini Jumbo

Purchased from: Wisbech Music Shop

This guitar has a rich, full sound. As previously stated, I love folky music such as Nick Drake and Crosby Stills & Nash. I also love alternative rock like A Perfect Circle, Jeff Buckley and the acoustic interludes of Opeth. The Seagull Entourage Rustic guitar is perfect for that sound. Chords and finger picking both sound lovely, but of course the lack of a cutaway affects variety as little.

I play folk, blues, rock and everything in between, and this Seagull is perfectly capable of the task. I've been playing for nearly two years, and I feel this guitar will help me become a better player. The best feature of this instrument is the price, which is around 300rrp. This has little impact on the quality, as much attention to detail has been lavished on it.

This guitar WILL stand Live playing, as I intend to gig with it in the near future. The strap button is nice and tight, I can't see it ever falling off. This is one robust guitar. The only fault I have with regards to durability is that soft wood used for the top, which has been previously commented on.

The action was lovely and low from the factory, which was nice. The bridge seems well-thought out, and it sounded awesome in the shop. That tobacco sunburst finish is gorgeous, and the very dark scratch guard is pretty. The only flaw with it that I can think is the strings that Godin use on all their guitars. They're okay, but the plastic coating they have dulls the sound a little. I'll be replacing them with Martin Cryogenic .10 strings as soon as possible.

This is a 2007 pure acoustic, hand-made in the heart of Canada. It's a solid top made from pressure tested Cedar, a silver leaf maple neck and rosewood fretboard. The neck is beautiful. Smooth, fast and surprisingly thin. Not like the S6 model, which is renowned for its Spanish-style wide neck. The finish is a dark, nutty tobacco sunburst, which is very attractive and awesome. The top is incredibly prone to denting, as I discovered when my skateboard collided with it. The body does not have a cutaway, which I rather like. Obviously this impedes access to the higher frets, but I was looking for a folk-style guitar anyway, so it's ideal. The tuners are gorgeous, own-brand Seagull ones, and keep their tune perfectly. The headstock looks awesome, as it tapers off at the end. Very stylish. The guitar also came with a highly attractive, rather eccentric gig bag. It has loads of pockets, a fur block for the neck to rest on and a velcro strap to secure the neck to the block.

hit249
    "The top is incredibly prone to denting, as I discovered when my skateboard collided with it" I dont care what guitar you have, a collision with a skateboard is gonna make a dent to the top LOL I mean think about it
    Kalas
    I have a performer series seagull CW with a quantum eq, and i love it. seagulls are really good for the price and top quality.
    curtbob
    I just bought an Entourage, but mine is the dreadnought model & not the jumbo. No matter, it's still a great guitar. For the price, you can't get a better guitar.
    mzx380
    I sat at guitar center yesterday for 4 hours and played every guitar within the same price range. I ended up purchasing this one. You can't go wrong for the money as it sounds great, it's well worth the money
    vcrazy
    I walked home with this baby yesterday and I don't regret a thing. The price you pay for for the quality and sound of this baby is awesome! Recommended for all levels
    johnmcmillin1
    My walnut Mini Jumbo is the flattop I've been seeking all my life, but never seemed to find. The shape is ideal for me, and damn sexy with those voluptuous curves. My guitar's blonde spruce top and walnut laminated sides and back combine for a very fresh, natural and unique appearance. Playing the standard and walnut MJ's back to back, I knew which one I wanted right away. The Walnut tone was bright, airy and loud, rivaling "Taylor tone," while the Rustic sunburst's tone was darker and softer (like it looks- the stained spruce top even sounds like cedar). The Walnut must have been a limited run, with many more Rustics in circulation, but I think it's the one to look for.
    brandonlau
    HAHA! in terms of musical taste. you are me. I like all those bands extremely but pearl jam, elliott smith, and have a crush on wilco too. Im buying this on ebay the postage is heaps from US to Australia but hey wtf.
    halamadrid1976
    Have the same guitar and the same musical playing interests. A great guitar for the money, but I feel the same about the top. My daughter can be rough...
    Onesiphorus
    I played one of these and the dreadnought model. I liked the sound of both, but wound up getting a Breedlove because it had THE sound I've been looking for for the past 35 years. I might still get one of these for a beater guitar. If only Seagull made a 12-string in this line.