M6 Gloss review by Seagull

Seagull: M6 Gloss

Purchased from: Mississippi Music

I like to play classic and alternative rock, Folk and country. The action is well-suited for fingerstyle and light to medium strumming. Heavy strumming has it ringing some. The sound is beautiful. Since the day I purchased it (in August, 2004), my playing time has tripled at least. I also have a Gibson, Epiphone, relatively the same quality, but I find the Seagull vastly superior in tone and action.

The guitar is a good fit for my playing. I have been playing for 11 years. I would definitely purchase another Seagull without hesitation, again without any electronics. My favorite feature is the playability. I shopped hard for a great guitar at a reasonable price. I found that it compared well with the Taylor 4 series at 1/4 the price.

I would have to get the action higher for live playing, and it has no electronics, so I would need to have a pick-up installed. No matter since I have no live performance ambitions. The finish shows no wear despite alot of playing and a few bangs and bumps.

Set-up was great for my style, and the action was low like I like it. No flaws. The finish is a high gloss with an art-like appeal among my home furnishings.

It is a 2004 model, made in Canada. There are 22 frets. Solid spruce top with mahogany back and sides. It has a rosewood fingerboard. The finish is a high gloss. There are no electronics. Came with a case at no extra charge.

kasey13
    I have a seagull, S6 spruce, no gloss, it taken a light beating since then. My acoustic, came factory made around 1999, all their guitars are hand made though, it was 600 $ at the time, and has probably nearly doubled in value, so yes, it's a great buy, the thing about hand made guitars, is there are very few flaws compared to factory. The great thing about this acoustic is it's neck action, GOD IT's amazing, I've yet to play an acoustic like it! so yes, great guitar, worth it's value.
    shnigerboun
    I just bought my M6 Gloss the other day...Dec. 29, 2007. I love it. Wanted a Seagull Grand at first...but the second I tried the M6 out, I thought "Whoa, this is it!"