M6 Gloss Review

manufacturer: Seagull date: 04/20/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars
Seagull: M6 Gloss
The M6 Gloss features a high gloss lacquer finish. This finish provides excellent protection but at the same time is extremely light and elastic. This is a crucial point in both the sound of the guitar and its ability to age - a thick finish muffles a guitar's vibration and blocks aging.
 9.7
 9.6
 9.7
 6,797
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
M6 Gloss Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 20, 2005

Purchased from: Mississippi Music

Features: It is a 2004 model, made in Canada. There are 22 frets. Solid spruce top with mahogany back and sides. It has a rosewood fingerboard. The finish is a high gloss. There are no electronics. Came with a case at no extra charge. // 8

Sound: I like to play classic and alternative rock, Folk and country. The action is well-suited for fingerstyle and light to medium strumming. Heavy strumming has it ringing some. The sound is beautiful. Since the day I purchased it (in August, 2004), my playing time has tripled at least. I also have a Gibson, Epiphone, relatively the same quality, but I find the Seagull vastly superior in tone and action. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Set-up was great for my style, and the action was low like I like it. No flaws. The finish is a high gloss with an art-like appeal among my home furnishings. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would have to get the action higher for live playing, and it has no electronics, so I would need to have a pick-up installed. No matter since I have no live performance ambitions. The finish shows no wear despite alot of playing and a few bangs and bumps. // 10

Overall Impression: The guitar is a good fit for my playing. I have been playing for 11 years. I would definitely purchase another Seagull without hesitation, again without any electronics. My favorite feature is the playability. I shopped hard for a great guitar at a reasonable price. I found that it compared well with the Taylor 4 series at 1/4 the price. // 10

Comments