Maritime SWS Review

manufacturer: Seagull date: 04/14/2011 category: Acoustic Guitars
Seagull: Maritime SWS
Made in Quebec, Canada in 2010. Very excellent tone and playability and sounds excellent for playing country and western music.
 9.2
 8.8
 9.6
 9,153
review (1) pictures (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Maritime SWS Reviewed by: dontletgo94, on april 14, 2011

Price paid: C$ 800

Purchased from: Fusion Music

Features: Made in Quebec, Canada in 2010. Very excellent tone and playability. I would recommend this guitar to anyone who wants to upgrade to a beautiful North American made guitar without the price tag of a Gibson or Martin. Solid sides and back made out of solid mahogany. Top made of spruce and neck made of mahogany. Has Quantum I electronics that are made by Godin (same company). Semi-gloss finish. // 9

Sound: Very excellent tone and playability and sounds excellent for playing country and western music. I plugged it in to my Fender Blues Junior III amp it sounded fantastic and very rich. Played it in store on Crate Acoustic ampand it sounded very fantastic there as well. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was purchased in absolutely flawless shape, was set up in factory. Action is fantastic. Strap button needed to be installed in-store but Fusion threw that in free. The wood on this guitar was 95% Canadian wood that was used in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way, as all Seagulls are made. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar was built to last and will play you any show if you take care of it. Finish seems strong. Front strap button needed to be installed in-store, this seems to be the only flaw that it has. I would use this guitar all day without backup, it has an absolutely gorgeous sound that I cn`t get enough of. // 8

Overall Impression: I play country and western music and this guitar suits me fantstically. I definitely made the right choice in purchasing this beautiful guitar. I was impressed with thetone and playibiliy for the price range that it was in and I would recommend this guitar to anyone. // 9

Comments