S6+ CW review by Seagull

Seagull: S6+ CW

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music Co.

I like the old slyle rock and soft tempo solo music and I think that it suits that genre on music. If you just get a amp the sounds are what you get with the amp there is nothing to it but I like it that way (more stuff means more stuff can break). There is full sounds to it and it is very deep sound used for a sad song like Tears In Heven by Clapton. Not noisy at all. And with the pickup it sounds just like it not being pluged in. It has a ver excellent sound for the price.

This is a good guitar for my style of playing and it should be for anyone else that plays what I play. I have been playing for 3 years and I have 1 amp (Marshall), 2 acoustics, one sound FX prossesor, 2 electrics and one 12-string Seagull which is also a very well made piece of work. I wish I had some guitar books before I bought this but everone wishes they have those expensive things. If I evey lost it I would be inconsolubale for about 5 weeks and then I would look at buying another Seagull not the same one maby but a Seagull, because all the guitars I looked at, the seaulls were all very good and I would have bought one of them if I didn't pick this one. I love evey thing about this guitar because it is a new style guitar but with old school looks. From the beautiful emblem of a Seagull to the pickup plug in at the very bottom this guitar has everything I would have asked for. My favorite feature is the small but powerful sound of the pick up. It sounds like you not even pluged in. It is so whole and deep through the pick up, even though is is a thinner guitar. I compared this guitar to other Seagull's, Ovations, etc and what ever else there was at Tom Lee's huge selection. But this one took the cake with it simplistic features but dynamic output. This guitar is for anyone with a heart for the full sound of what an acoustic should be.

This guitar woudl withstnad live playing if not used for heavy metal music which I would highly discurage with a acoustic guitar but I would have a backup just incase something did go wrong 'cause you never know. The srap buttons will hold if you get a good strap. The strike pad did not last very long with my playing but you can replace strike pads pretty cheap so I woulden't worry about that, the pad only has marks on it because I hammer on it with my picks.

Nothing was wrong with it at all. There were no bad finish spots and it looks like it is right out from the factory. The pickup knobs do wiggle but that does not pose a problem to how it sounds with the pickup on.

A cutaway style guitar with 20 fretboard with a wider neck to it like most Seagull's have. Made in the heart of Quebec, Canada. A solid Cedar top, Wild Cherry sides and back with silver leaf maple for the neck. Semi-gloss lacquer. Rosewood bridge and fretboard. Active electronics a Godin Quantum pickup. The controls are bass, treble and volume. Non-locking tuners and amde by Godin. Nothing else came with it. Unless you consider the picks for free like always.

n2dablue
    Seagulls are an excellent value. I've got an S6 Cedar GT (non cutaway/no electronics). I'd love to try the guitar you have. Thanks for a nice review.
    kingbobby83
    I agree with everything in this review. I have had my Seagull for 5 years. After time , due to my playing, it has a lot of wear but it does not effect the playing or the sound. It still gives that nice deep mellow sound. I love it and you will too.