S6 Original review by Seagull

Seagull: S6 Original

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

How does it suit my music style? Perfect! It sounds like a Taylor 110 with a more "together" like sound because the bass is deeper. I haven't tried it with any pickups or electronics. This thing can sing! It seems like the perfect instrument for that drum guitar, because tapping the wood of the guitar sounds so good. The harmonics are more clear than I hear with other guitars, I don't know why. Because of the incredible comfort I feel with the guitar, my sound is more confident and clear. Also, it is quite loud. Ir really projects across the room.

I couldn't be more happy. I bought it on a whim from musicians friend without even playing it, after hours at my local guitar shop. Taylor 110, Big Baby, Baby, and the Takamine 330s were my options, and I would never trade for any of them. Seems like a guitar ~$1000, in all honesty. Would replace it in a heartbeat, what an amazing instrument!

Will withstand live performances, everything seems solid, yes I would use it without a backup. The finish will wear off with lots of playing because I saw the wear and tear on youtube. I think that is to be expected with an unlaminated acoustic though (not sure).

I would never take off points because new strings slightly came out of the box not quite in tune. Perfect action, new strings, everything matched and was even, AWESOME finish. I love how unique it looks. It is just a clear finish, but the grain of the wood really shines through. The accents also really add to the looks.

I'm assuming it was built this year, 2012. Pretty standard for an acoustic - I'd say the neck is a touch thicker, like a Schecter is to a Fender or something. It is comfortable though, and for me it allows me to play better. It is solid top cedar, back and sides from wild cherry. Neck is silver maple. Its very natural looking and the grain looks very nice (esp. the wild cherry). The guitar is very soft to the touch but it feels sturdy. Gloss finish? It is normal dreadnought, no cutaway, no electronics. I haven't had any intonation problems, and so far I could not be more pleased.

itsxsteves
    Believe me, Id love to knock a point off to make it look more serious, but where would I? The tone is that of a guitar threefold the price and it sounds and looks beautiful.
    braindamage828
    I own this guitar and it is awesome! I needed a new acoustic bc the 46 Gibson I was using I didnt want to take to college with me. So I went into the local guitar shop looking for a gibson to replace it and almost bought one before I saw someone pick the guitar up and play it. The moment I heard it I fell in love with the sound. So bright and yeat has a deep tone as well. It was on sale for around $300 back in 2008. S6 origional still no problems with it today and I play almost every day. I always get comments on how the Wild Cherry looks on the sides and back. Jumbo frets fit my style as well.I'd give it all tens. article is accurate.
    whaip
    All 10? Again? It's a solid guitar. Got it myself. But NOT a 10 at all.