Sequoia Review

6,072
review (1) pictures (4) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Sequoia Reviewed by: ashes-ashes, on july 06, 2011

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Features: It was made in China, but the label is the only thing that gives that away. Every piece of wood on this guitar is beautiful. Spruce top, mahogany back/sides/neck. Rosewood binding on the body and neck (yes, real wood bindings). Unique s-shaped tuners (I have never seen these on any other guitar). It came with a $20 rebate, and free stageline wooden guitar stand (also great, get one). // 8

Sound: Loud, and so damn proud. I haven't seen many guitars with this much projection. The sound quality is very good. It's a bit on the bright side, which I prefer. I use elixir phosphor bronze medium nanoweb strings. I do plan on replacing the plastic bridge pins though. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I have never had to adjust anything on this guitar. Even the strings were great. I am a certified Precision machinist, so I'm a perfectionist when it comes to production, I'm trained to spot the smallest defects. I can confidently say, there are only 2 flaws in this guitar. The label is not perfectly centered in the body, and on little piece in the rosette, that wouldn't be noticeable to most people. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I trust this guitar to the moon. I have never had any problems with performance. There was one mishap, where the guitar fell, but the strap was probably not on properly. It fell, from standing, to the road, and the binding took most of the impact, no real damage done, mostly aesthetic. // 9

Overall Impression: I've played this guitar around a lot of my friends that play guitar, they've all been impressed. It won't be beaten by any guitar under 600. If anything happened to this guitar, I would buy a new one without a second thought. Easily my favorite guitar. You could not expect anything more from a guitar this price. I would be willing to pay double the price, if I had to. My biggest gripe is that I'm limited to when I can play it, as it projects throughout the entire. I could not recommend this guitar enough house. // 8

Comments