SD20CE review by Silvertone

Silvertone: SD20CE

Purchased from: sigo mall

It has a rich sound. When I plugged it in I was mezmirezed. It sound beter than my electric guitar. Even my mom said that. I play a lot of rock music but pop-rock goes as well, so it suits me fine when I want to sing/proctice whit an acoustic sound. With the tone button fully open the sound of the guitar is bright.

I've been playing for 3 years now. This is my firts electric-acoustic guitar and I'm pleased of it. This guitar is perfect for al stiles of playing. It's beautyful and dependable. I only wish it came in whit a case.

I never had the chance of playing it live but when I came home the guitar got stuck in the plains bagage compartiment the mecanics came along and tried to get it out. But they couldn't so a smart alec came along whit a crowbar! And they put the crowbar on the guitars body, the body scratch, my ears hurt how I heard tha butyfull mahogany body screach. But they could'nt get it out. So I got it a week ago by mail and for my suprise the guitar was intact. It only had a scrtch on the body near the binding. But it's really small so if it whitstood a crowbar. I think it's dependable.

The action is good, much better than my Romanian acoustic guitar. No flaws, it was perfect.

It was made in Indonesia after US standarts. It has 20 frets, thin neck, very smooth. The back of the body is made of mahogany and the top of spruce. The neck is made of mahogany and the fret is made of rosewood. Finish is transparent. Cutaway dreadnought body. It has passive electronics, one volume and one tone control.

thebeef
    it was my first accoustic guitar and will probally be my only one.the sound it unbelivable good.most songs i play on it sound way good. tunning it is easy.i use it for every thing.even some electiric songs.i recommend it for playing it for a conncert or in front of people.people will like the sound of it and think you are way good at guitar.trust me on this one.
    vicd08
    This guitar is my 1st electric acoustic, and I was amazed as the qualtiy for the price I paid (159.99). It has a nice, deep tone, and with the tone control turned up, is very bright. No built-in tuner however. I had this for a month and played it almost every day before I even had to tune it. EXCELLENT finish, no scratches, chips, bubbles, etc. Even if it's not the most popular brand, this guitar is definitely worth the money.
    BKNorthbound
    The quality of the SD-20CE is amazing for the price. I have had mine for two years now (it was my first guitar) and the fit and finish have held up remarkably well, despite being subjected to the usual first-timer bumps and fumbles. The sound is bright and full, whether plugged in or not, and it's fairly low-action and comfortable to play, whether fingerpicking or strumming (I play mainly folk and blues). Although it isn't a solid top like the dreadnought SD-50, it sounds as good or better than "big-name" guitars that are hundreds of dollars more expensive. A worthwhile investment for the beginner or the experienced player looking to save cash and still have a great sound.
    Sophmoot
    i recieved a lesser model, the D09 for christmas while still a silvertone guitar purchased for $100 this thing is crap. wont stay in tune through a song, fret buzz inevitable and crafted in China of all places. The finish wasnt even even. in fact, just obove the first fret on the fingerboard there is no finish at all, just raw wood. I've played alot of crappy guitars and this is the worste even amongst my high schools rent-a-guitar. This will not be amongst my collection for long.