6 CW GT Cedar A3.2 Review

review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
6 CW GT Cedar A3.2 Reviewed by: Brokentooth, on july 22, 2013

Price paid: C$ 650

Purchased from: Avenue Guitars Edmonton

Features: 2004 Canadian made from Quebec. It has 22 rosewood frets, solid Cedar top, cherry laminated sides and back. A satin finish on sides/back and a gloss finish on top and neck. A dreadnought, cutaway style with a rosewood bridge. The electronics are called B-band A3.2 with volume, treble, bass, presence, mid controls. No accessories included. When I first saw the guitar I thought now there is a nice looking guitar. I took it down and played it and thought it sounds fantastic to me, so I bought it. Now, it's just an o.k. guitar. // 5

Sound: The sound is just o.k. My style is fingerpicking blues and general acoustic blues/ rock and countryish music. I play it through a Fender Frontman amp and that makes it come alive. The electronics and pickup make the guitar much, much better sounding.The pickups don't have much variety of sound for it to be played on stage. I don't play onstage but if I did it wouldn't be with this guitar unless I had a great acoustic amp to play through. If the strings get a little old the guitar sounds flat and this happens quickly with me. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was not set up very well at all from the factory. I had it in to a Luthier two or three times to adjust the neck and frets, change the bridge, neck and body. The frets were not filed before and generally poor condition. I didn't really know anything about acoustic guitars when I bought it. It just looked good. My opinion is do your research before buying an acoustic guitar. There are many companies making acoustic guitars or one can find Vintage guitars that sound much better than this. // 1

Reliability & Durability: This guitar hasn't worn well. I don't abuse it at all and I'm careful to keep it on a guitar stand. There is belt rash but I don't wear a belt! The satin back doesn't wear well. The gloss top is o.k. But the neck is a real problem. The finish wears off! It's so ugly! They must have put stain on after the urethane was on. From what I understand, this happens to these guitar frequently. WTF? I phoned the company (which was hard to find the number)and they do NOT take any responsibility for it whatsoever. // 1

Overall Impression: I started playing when I was fifteen and for five years I played a lot. Then I gave it up for 25 years and then in 2004 I bought this junk and started playing again every day. I chose this guitar for the looks and of course the new strings made it sound fantastic. But any guitar with new strings sounds good. Overall its an average guitar with good pickups and when electrified, it sounds much better. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't buy any guitar from Godin company, I don't like the cheapness of their products. // 3

Comments