Woodland 12 Cedar review by Simon & Patrick

Simon & Patrick: Woodland 12 Cedar

I usually play classic rock and metal and lately have been picking up blues and classical. Although being an Acoustic it obviously does not suite metal, this baby has a full beafy sound. The tone is uncompared to any other Acoustic I've played. My buddy let me play it once and I was in love. It took me about four months of harrassing and bartering with him to get it.

I love this guitar, it is my main axe for writing. Sometimes I think it's possessed. This guitar plays and sounds much better than I could ever ask of it. I traded for her so I'm not too sure what a comparable guitar would be, but it kicks the crap out of the Yamaha and Fender acoustics I used to own. If it was broken, I would cry. If you stole it, you would die. I wish it had a cupholder.

I've had this guitar about two years and play it almost daily. I've banged it, dropped it and generally played the hell out of it. I've broken a few strings here and there but thats due more to my heavy picking than any fault of the guitar. I've taking it to the beach many times and camping as well. The finish is not scratch or dent proof. However I believe this instrument was made to be played and not collect dust in mint condition, but thats just my opinion. It still PLAYS perfectly.

The action on this beauty is surprising low and fast considering it's an Acoustic. All the harmonics are spot on. The fretboard is nice and wide which lends excedingly well to finger picking when in six string mode. Even when all twelve are in place, the action is so buttery that a spider could fret it. I have no idea who made the tuners but they seem to keep it in tune until the next time I pick it up (which is never very long). The finish came with alot of pick scratches above the hole but it was well played and still sounds beautiful so who gives a ****.

I'm not sure the price of this guitar as I traded a bass guitar for it. Absolutely no regret. I'm also not sure how old this guitar is because the friend I traded with was not the original owner. I would warrant a guess that it is at least a decade old given the many pick scratches on the finish. This guitar was beautifully crafted in Canada. It does not have a cutaway so playing anything past the octave gets a bit hairy. It has solid Cedar top with what was at one point a nice finish. It obviously has twelve strings but I regularly have only six. It has the standard plug type bridge with tuners that hold firm. It came with an in-hole pickup but I removed that almost immediatly for a bit better sound.

herdworks
    herdworks
    Just bought one but havnt had a chance to play it yet - sounds like a great guitar - am stoked! How do you rate wild cherry compared to rosewood?