Woodland 12 Cedar Review

manufacturer: Simon & Patrick date: 11/23/2009 category: Acoustic Guitars
Simon & Patrick: Woodland 12 Cedar
Simon & Patrick 12 string guitars are renowned for their ease of play and richly textured sound. The Woodland 12 Cedar definitely fits this description, lending itself to the warmer side of the sound spectrum, thanks to its select pressure tested solid cedar top.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 Features: 8.5
 9.6
 9.5
 9.7
 5,116
reviews (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Woodland 12 Cedar Reviewed by: Throe_of_Hands, on november 23, 2009

Features: I'm not sure the price of this guitar as I traded a bass guitar for it. Absolutely no regret. I'm also not sure how old this guitar is because the friend I traded with was not the original owner. I would warrant a guess that it is at least a decade old given the many pick scratches on the finish. This guitar was beautifully crafted in Canada. It does not have a cutaway so playing anything past the octave gets a bit hairy. It has solid Cedar top with what was at one point a nice finish. It obviously has twelve strings but I regularly have only six. It has the standard plug type bridge with tuners that hold firm. It came with an in-hole pickup but I removed that almost immediatly for a bit better sound. // 9

Sound: I usually play classic rock and metal and lately have been picking up blues and classical. Although being an Acoustic it obviously does not suite metal, this baby has a full beafy sound. The tone is uncompared to any other Acoustic I've played. My buddy let me play it once and I was in love. It took me about four months of harrassing and bartering with him to get it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on this beauty is surprising low and fast considering it's an Acoustic. All the harmonics are spot on. The fretboard is nice and wide which lends excedingly well to finger picking when in six string mode. Even when all twelve are in place, the action is so buttery that a spider could fret it. I have no idea who made the tuners but they seem to keep it in tune until the next time I pick it up (which is never very long). The finish came with alot of pick scratches above the hole but it was well played and still sounds beautiful so who gives a ****. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've had this guitar about two years and play it almost daily. I've banged it, dropped it and generally played the hell out of it. I've broken a few strings here and there but thats due more to my heavy picking than any fault of the guitar. I've taking it to the beach many times and camping as well. The finish is not scratch or dent proof. However I believe this instrument was made to be played and not collect dust in mint condition, but thats just my opinion. It still PLAYS perfectly. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this guitar, it is my main axe for writing. Sometimes I think it's possessed. This guitar plays and sounds much better than I could ever ask of it. I traded for her so I'm not too sure what a comparable guitar would be, but it kicks the crap out of the Yamaha and Fender acoustics I used to own. If it was broken, I would cry. If you stole it, you would die. I wish it had a cupholder. // 10

Woodland 12 Cedar Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 02, 2007

Purchased from: L&M

Features: This review is for the Simon And Patrick Woodland 12 Cedar 12 string guitar. I bought mine from L&M justa few days ago, along with a picalo flute for my sister. This guitar was made in 2006 in Canada. It has 21 Frets, it's a solid top with a semi gloss custom polished finish. The back and sides on it are Wild Cherry. It has a nice Sddle made by Graph tech, and a Tusq Nut. I am not sure what kind of tuners it has, but I like them. // 8

Sound: It sounds really full and rich. My music styles are classic rock and folk rock. It suits the style very nicely. It always has a full sound, that could not be matched with any 6 string(s). this guitar is simply un-beatable. It has a very nice sound, sounds really nice when strumming certain chords: Em, G, C, D, Am7, G7 and D7. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The grain on the back is really nice. The finish is Snaagadelic. I love this guitar. There is no trace of glue on the fretboard and neck. This guitar was obviously made top quality, it can't be beat. The guitar plays smooth and easy. it is my best choice ever. I was looking at an Art & Lutherie for $299.00 Canadian, but I found this and don't regret not buying the Art & Lutherie. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will Take anything, but nuthing I'm willing to do to it. I would not take this camping. it is very delicate, due to the fact it was made so well. This guitar is a soild top, meaning it's only going to get better. I don't like to put it down. This guitar is Fantastic. // 9

Overall Impression: This is a great match with my style of music. I own many other guitars, a Gibson, Yamaha, and Epiphone. This is by far my favourite. If this were to be stolen, I would defiantly hunt for a new one. My favourite feature is the finish. I love this guitar. I only wish it came with an acoustic/electric pick-up, but I can have that installed. Since I bought from L&M, I get a 1 year warranty, and a free set-up. I highly advise purchasing this guitar. // 9

Comments