EAG1K review by SX

SX: EAG1K

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Unfortunately you can hear that this s NOT a solid top instrument, however the sound is fairly good considering it's a budget guitar. Resonance is really good and it is fun to play. Good for any kind of music genre. The guitar produces a bright sound, and it's overall good for strumming and for solo stuff as well. I used it for minor recordings (plugged it into my computer), and the sound was really good. The only thing I dislike, is that the bass sound is not that strong. It has a piezo pickup, and it works great when I plug the guitar in. The sound what you get is very good for beginner guitar players, but in fact you can get better sounding acoustics at this price point.

This guitar is my first guitar. when I got this I knew nothing about guitars. Over the years I learned a lot of stuffs, practiced hundreds of hours, and played lot of music with it. I really enjoy playing with this instrument. I would definitely recommend this guitar for beginners. I consider myself as an intermediate guitar player, and I still use this guitar for practicing. And fortunately it has never failed me for the last 6 years. The sound it produces generally fits the music that I play. With a solid spruce top this acoustic would kick a-s.

It is a perfect beginner guitar. Really good for practicing and for home playing, and even jamming with friends. It may also survive smaller gigs as well. But for more serious performances I would buy a much better sounding acoustic. However it might be good for a backup guitar. You can really depend on this guitar to play great at any time. I Think I would also use it without a backup guitar. But as I mentioned before, for serious gigs I'd definitely buy a much better sounding elctro-acoustic guitar.

The Action was a little bit high at first, but after a general set-up it played very well, and was really comfortable. You can play this guitar easily when sitting down and even standing up. It only has one strap button, so you must tie your straps other end to the headstock. The manufacturer should have put another strap button on the body, but fortunately this is not that big trouble. My guitar came in a black finish, which is very nice. The tuners are decent, and stay in tune really good. The guitar is built very well, there were no flaws or anything on it.

- Made in China. - Electro-acoustic. - 20 frets. Natowood fingerboard. Dot inlays. - Spruce Top. Basswood back and sides. - Natowood neck. Glossy Black finish. Smaller jumbo body with cutaway. - Nubone graphtech saddle. Natowood Bridge. - Belcat Prener-LC 4 band eq with Chromatic tuner. - Diecast chrome tuners. - Included accessories: gig bag, stand, strap, capo, string winder, picks, cable, a DVD and amplifier (AGA1065). I don't know which year it was built, but I got this guitar from my parents back in 2006. This was my first guitar. The body and neck is very comfortable. The action was a little bit high at first, but a general set up fixed that. It stays tuned surprisingly well, considering the guitars price. Thanks to the cutaway the higher frets can be reached easily. The 4-band EQ features: bass, middle, treble, presence plus a volume knob. And it also comes with chromatic tuner. Also features 2 outputs: 1 jack and 1 XLR. The only thing I disliked about this guitar, that the fretboard is painted black, and the paint came off easily from a lot of practicing/playing.