EAN15CX Review

manufacturer: Takamine date: 01/04/2011 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Takamine: EAN15CX
 9.2
 8.4
 1,566
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
EAN15CX Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 04, 2011

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: Made in 2005, USA Model, Body Shape: Dreadnought C/A Rosette: Abalone Top: Solid Cedar Inlays: None Back: Solid Rosewood Sides: Rosewood Fingerboard: Rosewood Electronics: CT-4B Tuners: Gold with Amber Pearl Features: Scalloped bracing // 8

Sound: It has a Rich and Woody tone. I love the base but wish it were a bit easier on the fingers. The CT-4B is a bit touchy around AMPs but I think I have a pretty good guitar here. My Second favorite of 6 Acoustic electrics. I love the warm sounds the wood gives off. It need an amp to sound good, but when you plug it in, I put it over most taylors and certainly better than any Martin I have played for 3-4 times the cost. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Needs work. It is still stock from teh factory. Stiff, hard on teh fingers, tight feel though and very exact sound with each fret. This guitar has a decent action, tough on teh fingers but when you build strength in the fingers, it will surprise you. I have played guitars that cost much more and gotten less sound. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I hvae used it live many times, and it held up fine. I like the sound when used with my Hughes And Kettner Attax 100, I must say it has a very clean and folksy sound, but plays well with straight rock songs. This guiotar has been one of my mainstay guitars for gigs for the last 5 years. I tell you that it is beautifully styled and will hold up in cold or hot weather. The wood holds tight and has a solid resonance- when Amp'd. Just straight it lacks a bit of life, but plug it in and it sounds great. // 8

Overall Impression: I'm a 60's 70's rock for the most part and this guitar gets me where I need to go. Haven't broken any strings and I bend the hell out of them. It keeps in tune, and plays very well. Like I said - if it were easier on the fingers, I would make it a 10. It sounds much better than any Taylor or Washburn I have plyed. The guy at Guitar center was very impressed with it and said that of the tons of acoustics he has played, this one was at the top. I agree, next to my Seagull, it is one of the sweetest guitars I hve played on an amp. // 9

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ ED20SC 9.1 Acoustic Guitars 07/22/2015