EF341SC review by Takamine

Takamine: EF341SC

Purchased from: west music

This guitar has a resonance that you just have to hear to believe! I have heard guitars which cost thousands more, and if I had the money to spend for a more expensive guitar I would still buy the Takamine. It works equally well with finger picking or playing cords. This is definitely one of the best sounding acoustic/electric guitar in today's market. I have played many different guitars, and not one can compare or even come anywhere close to the EF341SC. The price, A Steal! The sound, Amazing.

My over all inpression is OUTSTANDING.. I play many different types of music, and it is every thing I could ever ask for in an acoustic/electric. It stays in tune really well. If it were ever lost/stolen I would defiantly replace it. Out of all 8 of my guitars, this one is played the most. Reliable and durable.

Reliability and durability..I have had my Takamine for about 2yers. I haven't had one problem with mine yet, and I take it every where. It has gone camping, garage jams, ECT.. The hardware is solid and the finish is tough. This would make a great gig, and studio guitar..

The action is amazing right off the floor. It plays clean on every string and every fret. Bare chords are a breeze. The intonation is dead on. The rich black color of this guitar along with the contrasting trim is eye candy of the sweetest kind. A really beautiful instrument. This model is hand built, and top quality.

6 String Acoustic / Electric Body Shape: Dreadnought C/A Rosette: Concentric Rings Top: Solid Cedar Inlays: Snowflake Back: Maple Sides: Maple Fingerboard: Rosewood Electronics: CT4B Tuners: Chrome Features: Bound fretboard Includes: Hard shell case Nut & Bridge Bone

doug.henninger
    I own a minty EF340SC in tobacco burst from Japan. Of all the guitars I have owned over 30 years (probably 50 steel strings), this is the best, including the Taylors and Gibsons. Mine was technically used at $700 and worth every penny. Very complex, set up perfectly to play fast and clean. I play with nails from classical lessons (intermediate level) and write/sing original songs at open mic and competitions. This line from Takamine are excellent in every detail. Any one you locate under $1000, try to play and get it.
    Wiintruder
    guitarsftw
    Wiintruder wrote: I don't like black acoustic guitars
    NHECOS
    tbproductions
    IbanezMayhem674
    EpiExplorer wrote: *major drooling*
    EpiExplorer wrote: Mmm, takamine
    Haha I love that guy...see him in every review I read... Anyway I agree 100% I own a mitchell Md-100. Not the newer crappier ones but the old old ones with the old headstock. Doesn't compare to the takamine at all.
    kodadak
    $1100 is a steal? maybe compared to my Adamas, but still a sweet looking guitar
    diggy485
    Wiintruder wrote: I don't like black acoustic guitars but Takamine makes amazing guitars. I own one but doesnt even comes close to this model. What kind of strings are u playing?
    i really like Martin sp light.
    diggy485
    tbproductions wrote: For all those who don't like the black finish. I own the EF340SC. Basically the same thing, but natural finish. I've played the EF341SC; honestly, I like mine better (probably a bit biased). Though I am jealous mine doesn't have the snowflake inlays. Absolutely great guitar though. It's great for any singer/songwriter that's starting out. The price makes it a steal.
    I really like the look of the natural finishes also.
    diggy485
    guitarsftw wrote: Wiintruder wrote: I don't like black acoustic guitars Me neither. They all LOOK like 85 dollar Walmart guitars, even if they aren't. But this looks like an awesome guitar. Does it come in other finishes?
    Not the 341, but i believe the 340 is a natural finish.. These are in the Takamine Keystone series.. http://www.takamine.com/?fa=detail&mid=1... Check out these
    diggy485
    NHECOS wrote: I have been wanting to get my hands on a Takamine for too long now... They are so expensive.
    they have a "G" series that looks, and plays really well.. try looking up a EG341sc they sell in the 440-450 range