EF341SC review by Takamine

Takamine: EF341SC

Price paid: C$ 1099

Purchased from: Long and McQuades

Alright so my man style is 70 and 80 with some songs including "Simple Man", "Stairway To Heaven", "Wish You Were Here" etc just to name a few bigger ones. I run this through a Boss me 20 with some compression little flanger and some reverb or delay (depending how I'm feeling) and the sound is absolutely unbelievable. Now don't get me wrong it took me a while to get this dialed in right between the onboard eq and the one in the pedal and I found I the best way to do it was a slight bass increase moderately high mid increase and moderately low treble decrease and the sound is amazing. It is so full and rich and when you strum a chord the clarity is crazy to the point you can almost hear every note. The eq in the guitar is really responsive and is good for live performances. Unplugged the Cedar top really shines through giving this guitar a nice bright ring to it that really helps it Shine (kind of ironic unplugged its great and plugged in its a little to much). I really look forward to running this guitar through a really Acoustic amp rather than my pedal hopefull very very soon.

Alright so heres a generic one for you "If it were stolen I would definetely but this guitar again it is as sexy as Acoustic guitars come a great value and has a full rich clear sound". The am very happy with it. The only thing I don't really like is that it doesn't keep clean well I always gotta wipe it for smudges on the body and the neck but that may be my OCD cause its such a beautiful guitar.

Now I've owned this guitar for about 6 months now and it has some scratches on the back and around the pickguard (as well as scratches on the pickguard) but this is normal wear and tear. The only thing I don't like it how the pickguard seems to show all the scratches quite vivdly but that is an easy fix you just got buy a new pickguard. Other than that it is extremely solid and holding up great.

So this is a harder section to comment on as I didn't get the guitar pulled out from the box but rather it was a store model so they may have changed it or restrung it etc. But this is how I found the guitar when I played it originally. Action was dead on along with the fret harmonices everything seem perfect. There wasn't a flaw in the finish and the biggest thing believe it or not was nice strings. Out of all guitar I've ever bought this one was the first one with good strings (to be honest I don't know what they are) but they were good.

My Tak is a 2010 model made in Japan. It features 20 frets of which about 18 are easily reachable (standard Acoustic is 14) without bending your wrist because of the cutaway. It features a rosewood finger board with snow flake inlays and a thin neck (for an acoustic). The guitars back top and neck are solid while the side is laminated. The finish is an amazing high gloss black color that really comes out well with stage lights. It also has an electronic pickup system that features a 3 band eg, tuner, and volume. When purchased it came with a Case and that's about it. I give this a solid 9 because of the laminated sides (not the I find it really makes a huge diffrence).

crousebt
    I have both the 6 & 12 string (12+yrs 9years) They are my twin sons of different mothers. Both are AMAZING working instruments. Want to put the cooltube pre amp in them to upgrade. FANTASTIC INSTRUMENTS
    LeftyQ
    If you go on the Takamine website, you will find that the "G" Series guitars are not compatible with the CT Preamp. Sad,but true.