EG260C review by Takamine

Takamine: EG260C

Purchased from: Ebay (new) from fairdealmusic

For it's size, the guitar is surprisingly loud when unplugged, and has a rich bassy sort of sound. Obviously the sound varies a bit depending on the strings you use. I play plugged in through a PA system at my church and the guitar sounds phenomenal for the price you pay. The controls are pretty responsive and you can get a good variety of sounds by playing with the bass, mid and treble controls. I mainly play relaxed Acoustic covers. I don't really stick to one genre of music but the guitar is pretty flexible, especially when plugged in.

If you're a beginner with a limited budget this guitar represents very good value for money, with a decent Acoustic sound and a very good plugged in sound. Like I said before if you have relatively small hands I would recommend looking at other options as it will literally be a pain to learn certain aspects (e.g. barre chords). The sound compares well to a lot of other guitars in the price range (I've tried Yamaha, Crafter, and Tanglewood). If the guitar were stolen I would be pretty gutted but would probably consider upgrading to something with a more comfortable neck for my hands.

As I'm still relatively new to guitar I haven't had the opportunity to gig much but it's held up well at various jam sessions and on the few occasions I've played at church. The strap button (singular) is pretty solid but I don't flail about much when I'm playing so again it's hard for me to say.

The set up for this guitar was more or less perfect out of the factory, and I didn't have to make any adjustments to the action. No flaws that I could pick out and there haven't been any problems over the past year. It's only got one strap button though and you'll need a shoelace or a Martin neck strap button (roughly 6-8 pounds) to play standing up. For the price, the build quality is pretty decent.

I bought this guitar to learn with about a year ago. The Takamine EG260C is a Folk-sized guitar which features: a solid spruce top with a cutaway, Nato (a cheaper substitute for mahogany)back and sides, rosewood fingerboard (20 frets), and an on-board TP4 preamp (controls for Bass, Mid, Treble, and Gain)with the jack located in the strap button. The neck is a lot thicker than usual, and if you're a beginner with smaller hands I'd recommend looking at other options. There are no included accessories.

Tammieuk1
    An FXC body is a smaller size guitar and one i have just bought not realising it wasn't full size but apparently there's not much difference in size to a normal guitar.
    Ronnie86
    man im getting a new acoustic soon and im looking into takamine (not this exact model tho). but i need some hard fact comparison between those fxc and nex .... whats the difference in body/ neck?