EG320SC review by Takamine

Takamine: EG320SC

Price paid: € 145

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I usually put it through a Fender FM25DSP and I play mostly Jazz Rock and Rock (mainly Radiohead) and it is great to me. I use it almost only for chords and arpeggios and it gives me a very clear and full sound. Also in concerts I just out it through the console and it sounds perfect. Sometimes I want to play something harder and I need distortion. For an acoustic guitar it sounds great but a bit noisy. This guitar is mainly for acoustic songs, but you can use it like an electric.

For the songs I want to play it's amazing. I'm playing guitar since 2006 and that's the best guitar I have ever had. I also have a terrible electric Behringer iAXE 393 just for practicing at home, bought in 2008 and an old classic Segovia relic bought in 1992. Also I have a Fender FM25DSP amplifier. The thing I like most on my guitar is its sound and its look! The thing that I don't like is its color. I really like it but if I lost it I would buy a better Takamine, because I'm used to this label.

I have played severall times since I bought it in 2010 and every time it was great. Every time I was without a back up, however I wouldn't suggest that, it's risky. The strap buttons are very solid and the finish doesn't seem thin and easy to wear off. I think that I will play with this guitar until 2015 and I depend on it.

When I bought it I didn't have to repair or fix anything. I just had to buy a case and a strap, because I didn't have.

My guitar was made in China in 2004. It's an semi-acoustic-electric steel guitar with 21 frets and spruce top. Also the fretboard is Rosewood. It's a dreadnought form and its back and sides are mahogany. It has a natural high gloss finish. It has also a pickup with TP4 preampsystem.