EG320SC Review

manufacturer: Takamine date: 10/04/2011 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Takamine: EG320SC
 8.4
 7,097
reviews (2) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
EG320SC Reviewed by: tatesville, on april 17, 2006

Features: This is a spruce top electro-acoustic with a cut-away at the bottom. It was made in China, has six strings, standard tuners, Takamine's own pre-amp and EQ. // 9

Sound: I was the worlds worst guitaris until I bought this guitar! I had a Tanglewood 100.00 guitar which was good value for money, but the action was never really low enough to be comfortable. Thsi thing looks and sounds amazing. I play the usual stuf (David Gray, Eagles, James Blunt and anything no too taxing) and it suits just fine. It has a really refined tone, crystal clear to be honest. It cuts the mustard just like a purpose-built mustard cutter! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I tried two of the same guitar in the shop. The one I got was the best set up (in my opinion) but they were both spot-on! I can honestly say the action on this thing is better than most electrics! It's absolutely perfect in every way. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is the type of guitar that's gonna last a lifetime. It's built to last, but also to perform. Not sure if I will ever perform to any crowds, maybe just friends and family, but either way this is a great guitar! // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar will suita all type of music I guess. A good all-rounder! I've been playing on and off for 20 years with a five year break in the middle, so I know what's good and what's bad when it comes to guitars. The only thing I could possibly wanted on this guitar is a strap button at the base of the neck instead of having to attach it to the nut end, but that's just my personal preference. // 9

EG320SC Reviewed by: Trifonas, on october 04, 2011

Price paid: € 145

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Features: My guitar was made in China in 2004. It's an semi-acoustic-electric steel guitar with 21 frets and spruce top. Also the fretboard is Rosewood. It's a dreadnought form and its back and sides are mahogany. It has a natural high gloss finish. It has also a pickup with TP4 preampsystem. // 8

Sound: I usually put it through a Fender FM25DSP and I play mostly Jazz Rock and Rock (mainly Radiohead) and it is great to me. I use it almost only for chords and arpeggios and it gives me a very clear and full sound. Also in concerts I just out it through the console and it sounds perfect. Sometimes I want to play something harder and I need distortion. For an acoustic guitar it sounds great but a bit noisy. This guitar is mainly for acoustic songs, but you can use it like an electric. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought it I didn't have to repair or fix anything. I just had to buy a case and a strap, because I didn't have. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have played severall times since I bought it in 2010 and every time it was great. Every time I was without a back up, however I wouldn't suggest that, it's risky. The strap buttons are very solid and the finish doesn't seem thin and easy to wear off. I think that I will play with this guitar until 2015 and I depend on it. // 9

Overall Impression: For the songs I want to play it's amazing. I'm playing guitar since 2006 and that's the best guitar I have ever had. I also have a terrible electric Behringer iAXE 393 just for practicing at home, bought in 2008 and an old classic Segovia relic bought in 1992. Also I have a Fender FM25DSP amplifier. The thing I like most on my guitar is its sound and its look! The thing that I don't like is its color. I really like it but if I lost it I would buy a better Takamine, because I'm used to this label. // 9

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ ED20SC 9.1 Acoustic Guitars 07/22/2015