EG341SC review by Takamine

Takamine: EG341SC

Purchased from: Local Dealer

I'm giving this a 9 only because there is a bit of fret buzz at times, but to be fair I haven't even changed the strings yet or made any adjustments to the neck. A beautiful black dreadnought that's easy to play and has a full, rich tone that keeps me coming back for more.

I love this guitar so much! I would buy it again in a heart beat if something happened to it. I have been playing it for a little over a year and it is a dream! If you are thinking about buying a acoustic guitar that isn't too pricey I recommend this baby!

YouTube preview picture

You know that feeling you get when you buy a guitar and you KNOW you'll have it for life? I felt that as soon as I started playing it. On past guitars the strap buttons would loosen and fall off. I had no problems with that on this guitar. One thing I will say is since its black it gets a lot of fingerprints sometimes, you just have to carry a rag in the case. And they come off fine.

Full-bodied, shimmering goodness. Great finish and binding, just perfect. The pickups work great. I haven't had any trouble. I plug it in quite often and it works great every time. The finish was good. No sharp edges on the frets, no gloss damage or uneven finish, no loose tuning pegs and its stays in tune wonderfully!

I had been toying with buying an acoustic for a while, so I did my research and found this gem, it is the first acoustic guitar I've owned, but I've played several over my lifetime and I can tell you that this is one of the best if not THE best I've ever held in my hands. I fell in love with it right out of the box and didn't put it down for hours - it's that great. It's hard to believe I could have gotten a better guitar at this price. Electronics seem top notch and the on board tuner is fantastic. Input jack seems like it will hold up over time. But the feel of the guitar itself is solid and it stays in tune no matter how much I beat on it. And the tone... Wow. I feel like I've been undercharged and that I should send Musician's Friend some money.

DaniArrow
    I used to have this one once, sent it back though. It's a beautiful guitar but I think the sound wasn't good enough for me. If I were to look for a Takamine again, I'd save up a coulpe more bucks and get a full solidbody model. Those sound amazing.