EG345C review by Takamine

Takamine: EG345C

I love classic rock. The whole reason I wanted a twelve string was for two songs. Dead or alive and wish you were here. This guitar is perfect for what I wanted it for. No matter what you play, the 12 string makes it sound rich, and full. I have a Fender practice amp I hooked it up to and it sounded great. On the other hand I hooked it up to my death metal footpedal and I could barely pick up on the harmonic strings. This guitar is suited for almost any style of music.

as I said before I love classic rock, and this guitar has opened doors for me, I have learned a few new songs, the twelve string makes it sound good. I have been playing for about a year and a half, I have a Washburn Acoustic, a Squier Strat, an Esteban starter guitar, and a Washburn w115. If I lost it I would definately try to get another one.

Never want to test this but this guitar feels very solid for being an Acoustic body. The neck feels very solid as does tje fretboard. The one strap button on the guitar is the amp input and it is solid. I wuould depend on this guitar. It is a very nice finish and I believe it will last.

I found 0 flaws in this guitar. Everything on it looks like it was handcrafted. It says made in china, but what isn't these days? The pickups sound good. The bridge is straight. Great quality wood. Machineheads are solid. Properly bookmatched top. The factory did a wonderful job on this guitar.

I recently recieved a very lovely gift from my mother for graduation. This Takamine eg345c 12 string dreadnought cutaway acoustic/electric is one of the nicest guitars I have played on. It has a walnut finish on the backside and a natural wood finish on the front. The neck feels very wide, but it is nothing to drastic. 20 fret neck. The electronics on it are pretty cool. It gives you a three way selector and gain control. It also has a built in tuner (good for me because I wouldn't know where to begin tuning a 12 string) it has stock non-locking tuners. It came with a pick and a hard case.

saint_berzerker
    SeanX3187 wrote: It says made in china, but what isn't these days? quality gear. in china, since it's a communist country, the workers don't care if they work well, or horribly, they'll still get the same pay....
    Yep, 'tis true. The quality of the products there aren't up to snuff because of very low quality control. I've talked to engineers that have worked over there for a while, and they're freaked out at the low quality of the chemicals used for electronics..etc. This is why nothing lasts more than a couple years anymore. But...nowdays, hardly anybody remembers things lasting 10+ years. But all this crap is a lot cheaper. 600 bucks for a chinese guitar is still silly.
    ravi.rajangam
    It might be made in china, but the Quality control and manufacturing process is done by Takamine, Japan. It is not a Chinese guitar. Its just made there like Apple makes its products!
    SeanX3187
    It says made in china, but what isn't these days?
    quality gear. in china, since it's a communist country, the workers don't care if they work well, or horribly, they'll still get the same pay. but in the good ol' USA (i'm not a nationalist by any means, but just hear me out) people who don't work well, don't get paid as well, or don't keep their jobs. so this is why most people are turned off by Chinese-made products. but i'll agree that you can get some nice things out of china (like new epiphones, made in Qingdao, China) but most of the best equipment musically is out of the US. some people have their guitars made in japan also, but they're just like the US. Mexico (fender's place for low-end fenders, are the same thing as chinese-made guitars) that's pretty much the end of my explanation. just thought i'd shed some light on the subject... hope i got the quote right
    Torm
    Actually some japanese guitar are as good as or even better than US made.
    lynnjmagnuson
    I just got one about five hours ago at a pawn shop. Sounds good, and honestly I don't care what country it was made in. I think the Chinese realize if they continue to turn out crappy stuff, they'll lose business. But the guitar is NOT crap. It sounds pretty decent to me. I have a 12 string model with the preamp in it