EG523CDX-HB review by Takamine

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Takamine: EG523CDX-HB

Purchased from: Craigs music

I play in an acoustic band and a Folk band so I cover finger picking and strumming,, the guitar does both really well and has a rich deep sound, the treble control is very touchy though and can cause lots of feedback. Overall I think it could be brighter when not plugged in.

I wouldn't go near one again.

Very bad. After about 8 months the neck has warped towards the body making the guitar unplayable. This cannot be fixed and I am taking the guitar back to my dealer today in hope of getting a refund. In my opinion its probably worth saving up and getting a Martin instead.

When I bought the guitar everything was fine. There was nothing wrong at all with the guitar but I must say the finish is very thin and easy to damage. Even dropping a lead onto the top cracks the finish.

Bought in 2010. The Takamine has a really big body, so big that after playing it for an extended period of time at a gig I tended to get blisters on my arm where it rested against me. The pickup system on the guitar was really good and bright and the battery lasted for ever. It didn't come with any case or accessories. The flamed maple back and sides are really pretty and nice to look at and really contributes to the sound