EG530SC review by Takamine

Takamine: EG530SC

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

I play a wide range of music from Eric Clapton to John Mayer. No matter what you play the Nato wood brings great tone to your guitar playing. What I enjoy most about this guitar is the preamp. The tuner makes your life way easier when doing a show. Although the guitar sounds good sometimes theres a slight buzzing noise after about 15th fret which is the string hitting the fret.

I love this guitar and am very impressed with the sound and durability of it. I've been playing for about 5 years and did many gigs with this guitar and if I ever had it stolen I'd probably replace it with the same guitar for the price and quality, it's great! I love the feel of it the neck is very smooth. The of this guitar is wonderful ones again.

The guitar is well built and is able to withstand a lot of beating, and is able to last you a long, long time. The hardware is great I haven't had any trouble with it. This guitar is very dependable and I would probably not need a backup but you never know, so might as well have a backup, for those unlucky days everyone has them.

The guitar itself was setup well. The inside of it is well built. Since I've bought it about a year ago I havn't needed to take in for a tune-up. I don't think the guitar itself had any flaws. Although ones again I have to bring up the buzzing of the strings against the fret, which is easily repairable. But in my experience is very costly and isn't much worth repairing.

This guitar was made in 2003. Although produced in Japan, this guitar is well built and is gauranteed to last through out your life. This guitar has 20 frets and the cutaway makes the 20th fret very accessible. Laminated Nato wood which is becoming extremely rare sounds great. Mostly the guitar is made of Nato the fingerboard is rosewood and the top is solid spruce. The preamp setup is very easy to configure. The TK4N preamp gives you a tunable notch filter and switchable midrange contour and a tuner on top of that.