EG530SC review by Takamine

Takamine: EG530SC

For the price, nothing can beat it. The sound quality is second to none. Amplified or not. Very warm clean and clear tone. Producing all the correct low, mids, highs. When I first played it I was really surprised by the tone. I heard and played guitars of all makes and at least twice the price. That fell short in the tone department.

I'm really pleased with this guitar. I play everything from Aerosmith and ZZ Top. And the tone covers it well. I would recomend this guitar to anyone. No matter what style of playing. And with the name Takamine you know you are getting quality.

Why was there not a second button strap fitted at the factory? With the proper care and attention this guitar will last a lifetime. And with a solid top the tone only gets better with age. Something to look forward to.

The actiion is really good. Except for higher up the neck then it was getting a little high above the fretboard (simply fixed). I also noticed some fret buzz especially on the 4th fret. Again it's a simple fix, but this seems to be a little glitch on all the G-series. other than that, perfect.

Firstly the gloss finish is fantastic. I have seen some guitars that have had too much gloss applied. That created a plastic look. Not with the G-series. Just perfect. The preamp is also perfect. Lots of features. And a very handy onboard tuner. Although I would have liked to see a mute button for on stage tuning. Simple solution is just turn down the volume on guitar and tune on.