EG530SC review by Takamine

Takamine: EG530SC

I play Blues, Pop, and Folk but really, this guitar can play whatever you throw at it, from classical to local Hawaiian style music. A single note rings clearly and chords sound pure. Depending on the strings you use, you may get a bright sound or a dull sounding tone, but this is up to you to figure out. Remember this is just a mid level guitar, and it cannot be compared to a top notch one, but for the price, I believe the sound is amazing.

My overall impression?? I believe that this guitar is the best bang for your buck and a purchase you will never regret. As the time goes by and new guitars come in your life, you will find yourself coming back to this one.

I believe this guitar is very reliable and onstage it would perform great. It can take a few beatings and scratches here and there but no more, because Who would want to ruin a perfectly shiny vibrant looking guitar? Not me. I'm worried about the hardware though, as the time passes by the chrome is starting to rust a little. It could cause problems so I would bring a backup guitar just in case.

Everything was perfect out of the box, low action, no flaws on the finish. Though there was a few blemishes on the wood, it was purely aesthetic and it was no problem. The best thing I like about this guitar is HOW EASY IT IS TO PLAY IT. Really, the action is perfect and it doesn't Hurt your fingers after hours of playing.

This guitar was made in Korea with a spruce top and nato back and sides with a brilliant glossy finish. The rosewood fretboard is extremely smooth though it tends to attract a lot of grime so be ready to have that cleaning oil ready the next time you replace your strings. The tuning pegs are really smooth but at the same time they feel indestructible, I've bumped my tuning pegs against a wall many a time and they still feel locked in place. The electronics are decent but the shining feature is the built in tuner which really comes in handy when you don't have a tuner around.

campacj
    I have been playing for over 40 years. I've owned many guitars. This is a very nice guiatr for the money, but I suggest that you BUY USED. I also suggest that you use Ernie Ball Aluminum/Bronze Medium/Lights (12-54) for this guitar. They sound much warmer and fuller IMHO than any phosphor/bronze strings that I tried on this guitar.
    cypherdid
    I have EG530SSC (solid top and back) and it's all I need. I've been testing Yamaha LL series, also few Martins and Taylors, Furch guitars etc. I bought the best amateur guitar model...not the worst of semi-pro. It's got great deep sound and superb sustain. I've replaced plastic bridge pins for ebony...10 bucks that gave this Tak sound of double priced Martin. And I love the minimalistic fingerboard...these tiny abalone dots.