EGSF15SC Review

manufacturer: Takamine date: 07/22/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Takamine: EGSF15SC
 8.7
 7.4
 2,279
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
EGSF15SC Reviewed by: plasticjesus45, on july 22, 2006

Purchased from: GuitarTrader

Features: The EGSF15SC is dreadnought shaped. There is a turquoise & wood Native American inlay on the twelfth fret. The sides and back are solid sepele. The top is solid spruce. Transparent finish. 20 fret rosewood fingerboard. Takamine TK-40 electronics (tuner, bass/mid/treble, volume, EQ bypass, mid contour, notch filter). Chrome & pearl tuners and Native American Rosette Motif around the sound hole (turquoise & wood). It came with a free hardcase (it's really nice), 10' cable, Seiko tuner, and a guitartrader t*shirt. // 10

Sound: I play a wide range of music but I mainly do a fusion of hard rock and piano rock. This guitar suits me very well when I want to play acoustic in our songs. There is a nice blend with all the other instruments. the dreadnought body is a lways my first choice because of it's full, deep sound. I have played it through a PA and after a bit of adjustment it sounded really swell. I find the over all sound, whether plugged or unplugged, fulfilling. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I have found nothing wrong with this guitar. Everything is even, the action is perfect in my opinion, and all the components seem to work in harmony. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'm not gonna lie, this guitar meets and in some cases exceeds all my expectations. I haven't had a single strap problem, the electronics are reliable, and I've bumped it a few times and there isn't a single sign of it. I can honestly say that I could play a full acoustic show with this one guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: The Takamine EGSF15SC plays well with any genre. I've played country, hard rock, soft rock and alternative with it and it sounds brilliant with all of them. I am completely satisfied. In the event of it being lost or stolen, I would deffinately be willing to buy another one. I find the Native American motif to be very attractive. I have no issues with the guitar at all. I played Taylors, Ovations, Ibanezs and a few other acoustics, but this one stood out to me most. // 10

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ ED20SC 9.1 Acoustic Guitars 07/22/2015