ES31C review by Takamine

Takamine: ES31C

Purchased from: Melody Music- Somerset, Ky

I originally bought this guitar because I wanted to play a lot of Dave Matthews, John Mayer, etc. upon figuring out that I am not that good and don't devote enough time to playing this guitar would suit anyone beginning to play.

I play mostly classic and hard rock, and this guitar does it nicely. I am looking to buy an electric and amp, but if I don't have my amp then this guitar is all that I need.

All the hardware is solid. And the guitar is well built. I don't play live, but I would guess that it would do a good job if you were playing a small coffee house or something like that.

The action on this guitar is as good as a lot of the electrics I have fooled around with. the strings that come on the guitar suck that was my only knock. Switching out to some Martin SP's eleviated the problem. Otherwise the look of the guitar (mine was black) is great for the price.

Made in 2001. This is the entry level for Takamine acoustic/electric guitars. This guitar has a cutaway body although I am not sure that the body is made of the fret is rosewood and the neck is maple. It has a laminated top. The fret board has 20 large easy to reach frets even at the 20th the cutaway makes it easy. The tuner only one gain and one vaolume knob, but it was my first guitar so I didn't know the difference.