G240 review by Takamine

Takamine: G240

The sound for this is like a "Blackbird" by the Beatles, the sound is so high quality, that, like I mentioned, I broke a couple strings on accident because my little 2 year cousin got in my room and started turning the knobs and snap snap! So I rplaced all the strings so they'd be all by the same company, Martin. But when the original strings were on they sounded great, that's why I am doing this review, because I love this guitar.

This is great for the style of music I like, I like (for acoustics) the blues, old rock like the beatles' acoustic songs, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Niel Young, and other artists like that. I can say honestly, that if this was stolen or broken or lost, that I would seriously go out and buy another one just like it, because this guitar is so high quality.

The guitar is depenable to withstand Live playing, the hardware can last a longtime because it was made so good, the strap buttons are strong and safe enough for playing and that is very good. I can depend on it, I have had it for over a year, it is high quality.

The pickups are adjust on the insie perfect, all the elctronics works great, and when I play on the amp I have it comes out as clean as it is unplugged. The bridge is great and the strings are wired properly. There are no flaws within the guitar, all the bracing is good, the finish of the guitar is clear and good, the tuner and equilizer work perfectly, although you have to change the battery for the tuner every couple months depending on how often you play the elcetric or tune it.

Okay, this is a 2005 Takamine G series guitar, Made in Korea, features include tuner and equilizer built in, it's an acoustic-electric guitar, it plays very good and I am very staisfied with it. It was a suprise, my father was playing it when my mom said "Hey come see what's going on on the TV, Paul McCartney is on" so I ran over because I am a huge mccartney fan, and what did I hear? A beautiful sound of an angel's acoustic. This guitar has the sound thta everyone wants to hear form an acoustic, I'm glad I got this.

sunshowers
    TarMan
    sunshowers wrote: You do realize that the pickguard doesn't really say "Takamine" on it, that's just the plastic sheet that keeps it protected from scratches before it's sold? PEEL IT OFF!
    Nope, didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Thought it was just a tacky way to get free advertising.
    Wiggimus
    I got this guitar as a gift a few Christmases ago. Had I any say, I'd have chosen a different guitar. Not that I don't like it, it just doesn't suit me. It has a good, warm sound to it, but my particular model completely lacks any kind of pickups. Plus, it kind of sucks for metal. Although, if it didn't, then I'd not have written one of my bands heaviest songs; I literally had to reach in and drag the "metal" out of it. But I'd easily recommend it for the $200 price range.
    FreekBos
    I think the Takamine logo looks fantastic on the pickguard. When I bought the guitar I almost peeled the protection sheet of the pickguard and noticed (just in time) the logo was printed on the protectionsheet. So I decided to leave it on. I contacted Takamine on this today and I hope they have a nice solution for me.
    JBTheLefty
    I have one of these w/ no pickup, and it's strung upside down, since i'm a lefty. I honestly love it. The neck is smooth and it just has a beautiful sound to me. If you find one somewhere, give it a play.