G335 review by Takamine

• Users' score: 8 (1 vote)
Takamine: G335

Price paid: C$ 250

Purchased from: Kijiji

I'm mostly an electric player, and I've found I definitely don't play the Takamine as much as it deserves. However, when I do use the Takamine, I tend to run it through my Crate V18 18 watt tube amp. When I first got it, I cranked the gain all the way up, just to see when it would start to sound like garbage, but it never did. I was also sitting on the amp, so I'm very surprised. Again, I don't think the unmodified G335's come with pickups, but they do sound pretty good mic'd up.

Although it does not match my style of playing, the Takamine G335 will please any guitarist looking for a quality 12 string guitar. I love the sound, the durability, and the reliability. I hate nothing of it. I'm still amazed that it has such little feedback, even with gain maxed out. It really is an awesome guitar.

I would use the Takamine anywhere without worrying. It has never failed me. I still haven't broken a string, and the strings now look very old. The guitar is solid, the hardware will obvious last a lifetime, and it can handle a lot of wear and tear. Very trustworthy guitar.

The guitar was in amazing condition for a 26 year-old. The finish is very durable, and I haven't had to touch the action once. Overall, the guitar was in phenomenal condition, both due to it's caring previous owner, and excellent craftsmanship.

I bought the Takamine early this year because I was looking for a good acoustic to replace my garbage no-name brand one. This Takamine is a 1984 model, which means that it has a Martin-style headstock, which is rather rare, because they obviously got into some trouble for that. The body style dreadnought with a spruce top, and mahogany sides, and it sounds phenomenal, and stays in tune very well, especially for the price I got it at. The guitar also came with a BC rich fisherman pickup, but I don't think it came stock.

ozzymbs
    ozzymbs
    ozzymbs wrote: how can you tell how old it is? iwas told you can tell by the first 2 numbers of the serial number representing the year . Is that true
    I'm asking this because I have one but don't know how old it is. Any help will be greatly appreciated