G440C review by Takamine

Takamine: G440C

Purchased from: GuitarCenter.com

I play mostly country and some balled (such as Goo Goo Dolls) and this guitar fits both those genres perfectly. It is a little loud when you use a pick (especialy when you have brand new strings put on it). I ussaly use my fingers to strum and pick and that calms it down a bit. When your tuning the G, B and high E strings up you tend to get a ''sqeek'' form the tuners, but I'm preaty sure its normal for it to do that.

Been playing for 3 years now and I gotta say, it a NICE guitar. If I had already knew about it I wouldv asked for a nother set of strap buttons to be put in. Because theres only one on the bottem of the guitar and I perfur the strap to lock on the bottom and neck insted of the bottom and headstock. If I had the money, I WOULD buy it agian if it were stolen or lost and if it were acoutic-electric it would be ten times better! This guitar doesn't deserve $250, it deservs $600 beause it plays like one and I would recoment it to anybody!

Just going to let you know that I am not and never have been in a band, but tell you what, you CAN depend on this guitar, and if I had to I would play at a gig with this guitar without backup. Only problem is that it only has one strap button. So you ether need to get another one, or get a strap that clips on the headstock.

The setup on this guitar coudnt be any better. The action is just right not to high not to low. It has great tuning stabelity. I've had this guitar for about a year now and I haven't had any problems with it.

This guitar was made in China. It has 20 frets. The top is laminated. The top is spruce, the back and sides are mahogany, rosewood fret board, the tuning keys are gold, abalone dot in-lays. Preatty sharp cutaway for an Acoustic guitar and non-locking tuners.