G440C review by Takamine

Takamine: G440C

Purchased from: Craigslist

The sound of this guitar is great. The only thing I would do is put thicker gauged strings on it. I went with a medium gauge, which sounds great, but I would like a little deeper drone when I drop D. I play mostly Irish/Scottish folk music and this guitar makes it sound great! You can pound out some powerful chords and you can also quiet it down very easily. The sound is crisp and clean with no buzzing in the strings. I bought this guitar because it was cheap, thinking I would take it into Guitar Center and trade it in for something new. After playing it, I changed my mind.

With my Irish/Scottish folk playing, this guitar is the perfect instrument to give crisp, clean sound. The guitar is very easy to strum or finger pick. Having the cut away neck allows me to work all the way up the fret board, which is a must with jigs and reels! Anyone who plays this guitar will see what I am talking about. This is my first Takamine and it isn't my last. After purchasing this guitar I found a Takamine Jasmine on Craigslist for $50. It may be a cheap Takamine, but the quality of the guitar is amazing for the price. Takamine has my vote for some of the best quality for the money!

I do play this guitar in sessions as some local bars. It is definitely a guitar that you can hear. It also is a great guitar for accompaniment. The finish is very nice and seems to be holding up to my frequent playing great as it still looks brand new. This is a great guitar for home use, traveling, or even by the campfire. It will definitely hold up to your playing needs. The tuners are great, the frets are perfect... The guitar as a whole is just very well put together. It also has a truss rod to adjust if needed, although I have yet to need to use it. I currently have 5 guitars and could probably sell 4 of them since I really only play is this one.

Since I got the guitar used and barely played, it seemed like a brand new guitar... Still had the original strings on it from the factory. The first thing I did was restring the guitar. The action is great, no buzzing anywhere. The finish is a gloss, which is beautiful. It had, and still has, no flaws. The tuners are some of the nicest tuners I have ever used. The guitar will be tuned and played, then it will sit for a week or 2, and when I pick up the guitar to play it again it is still in tune!

The G440C NEX features a laminate spruce top for extended dynamic range and a rich harmonic content. Mahogany back and sides enhance resonance. Gloss finish adds durability and enduring beauty. I bought this guitar for $150 off of Craigslist from a college foreign exchange student who was going back to their country for the summer. It included a very nice hard case that I would value to at least $100. I think I got a pretty good deal :-) - Body Shape: NEX Cutaway - Top: Spruce - Back: Mahogany - Sides: Mahogany - Fingerboard: Rosewood - Bridge Rosewood - Tuners: Gold - Rosette: Abalone - Inlays: Abalone Dots - Finish (Top): Gloss Natural - Nut Width (IN/MMM): 42.5 mm

tonyguitarcomox
    I bought a Gretsch Electromatic and sold it months later. It looked great. Was well made Very rich and fancy but for some reason it worked against me and playing it was not fun. Lost money but the next Gretsch will be USA made not Korea or Asian made. TG