GS330S review by Takamine

Takamine: GS330S

Purchased from: Parkway Music

I play all sorts of styles of music and this guitar is great for all of em. I was having trouble deciding which guitar I wanted and as soon as I picked this one up I knew. This guitar is absolutely without a doubt the best guitar for the money. It has a really rich full sound and amazing tone.

This guitar is the best acoustic I have ever played that is under 1500 dollars. I've been playing for a few years and I have had a few acoutics and electrics. So far, this is the best acoustic I have come upon. I compared this to a few other products, including another Takamine with a gloss finish. This thing blew all other guitars out of the water. Trust me when I say you will not be disapointed with this guitar.

This thing built solid and I would have no problems gigging with it. My only worry is that its a satin finish which doesn't quite protect as well as some finishes.

The action of the guitar was absolutely perfect as soon as I picked it up. No fret buzz at all anywhere, and the action was low enough to allow for easy playing. I could not find a single flaw on then entire guitar.

Made 2005, 20 frets (I think) rosewood fretboard, Cedar top. Satin finish. Dreadnought style. No electronics. Dot inlays.

jess.
    I LOVE MY GUITAR, that's all I have to say. I had to choose between the Yamaha FG700, but I'm so glad I got this one
    joealltogether
    I've had one for about a year now. Before I bought this guitar I tried out quite a few others. Upon picking the GS330S up the first thig I noticed was how light it was. After handling so many heavy guitars, it was quite a surprise. Next I noticed it's simplicity. My friend, who also plays guitar, said that the satin finish plus the lack of a pick guard would be a problem. However, I don't use a pick, and even if I did i could simply buy a pick guard and put it on myself. This gives greater control over the overall look of the guitar. I've played a lot of high-end guitars, and I have to say that I like this guitar (that I purchaced for less than $300) better than 80% of them.
    rok3
    I love my GS330S. The other week the plastic saddle that came with it snapped while changing strings. I replaced it with a bone saddle I made from a blank and now sounds better than when I purchased it. I can actually get some decent bass out of it. For $300 you'll be amazed by this guitar. I am.
    nyrinwi
    I played a comparable Yamaha for 20 years, which has gotten difficult to play because the neck has gotten out of whack over time. I was looking for a guitar around $300 that had good action and sound. Nothing came close to the Takamine. In my opinion, even guitars that cost a few hundred more don't sound as good or play as easily. I'm a pretty mediocre guitar player, but I love the way I sound with this guitar. It definitely makes me want to play better.