Jasmine Review

manufacturer: Takamine date: 11/15/2010 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Takamine: Jasmine
 13,514
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Jasmine Reviewed by: DREWCHRISTIAN, on november 15, 2010

Purchased from: Krazy Al's

Features: Made in 2010 in Indonesia. 21 frets on a rosewood neck. Very attractive wood on the sides and back. The finish is satin, also looks very nice. The body style is dreadnought. // 9

Sound: This guitar has a very good tone. The highs and lows balance out exceptionally well for a guitar in this price range. I mainly finger pick, and this guitar projects a warm tone with a full sound. I play stuff like City and Colour, Chase Coy, and bands/musicians like them, Taking Back Sunday, Set Your Goals, Blink 182, and I also tune it to Drop D and play Acoustic renditions of stuff like A Day To Remember. It doesn't do too well in drop d when it comes to barre chords. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is perfect. It's low which is my favorite. It didn't have any fret buzz, and the only thing wrong with it was a cosmetic flaw where the neck meets the body on the side. It looks like they rushed it. But who is going to look at that anyway if you're playing it? // 9

Reliability & Durability: I feel pretty confident that this guitar will last a long time. I am recording my album soon with it, and that is a key factor in letting you know how good this guitar is. // 10

Overall Impression: It fits my style of playing very well; I'm completely satisfied. I've been playing for almost two years, and my first guitar was an Ibanez acoustic, which I didn't like as much. The tone wasn't very bright, and it was very hard to keep in tune. And I payed a little over twice as much for it. If it were stolen/lost, I would definitely buy it again. Hell, I'd even buy another right now if I could. Alternate tunings, you know? I was torn between a Johnson parlor-sized Acoustic and this one. I chose this one because of the bright tone. // 9

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ ED20SC 9.1 Acoustic Guitars 07/22/2015