DBT SJCE TBK Discovery Deluxe review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: DBT SJCE TBK Discovery Deluxe

Purchased from: Ebay

I will start by saying I am no expert but a player of around six months I have played and started on a Yamaha but this thing feels and sounds great it suits me fine it sounds great through an amp and even on overdrive I am no expert but I picked this after trying a few and it sounds big and crisp.

I play all kinds and it keeps up the only thing that let this down is there is no scratch guard and it marks quite easily I would recommend this to a beginner and a seasoned guitar player and if I had the chance I would buy one again I look forward to looking back and picking it up in 20 year and saying I love this guitar it taught me well.

I am not experienced enough to comment on whether this would last a gig but it feels like it would last and the strap pegs feel fine finish is good a little thin around the sound hole looks a little worn the guitar will not hold tune for long periods of time without 12 gauge strings on but because I sarted on 10 s and now use 12 s it doesnt't matter to me this may be a negative on the tuning pegs as I said there is no na, e on them so.

The action was set up brilliantly pickups seemed to do the job there are no probs I can see my guitar teacher says he could play lead on it LOL only thing I would say is if I use 10 gauge strings the G string needs tuning every few hours but with 12 s on itts fine.

The guitar is designed in the UK and made in China it has 21 frets and has a cutaway body its almost jumbo its laminated all round with a grey smoke finish it has ivory trim with rosewood fretboard. It is a semi Acoustic guitar with a built in EQ with a bass treble and mid and a volume takes a battery tuners are unlabled came with nothing but the label with gauge measurements on it.

ricky_96
    I have this guitar just different colour, i agree with you about the scratch guard, i've got loads of scratches on mine. The reason i got it was becuase it sounded different to all the other guitar i picked up played and was relatively cheap, and also came with an amp for only around $400(au) Great reveiw.