DBT SJCE TBK Discovery Deluxe Review

manufacturer: Tanglewood date: 06/14/2011 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Tanglewood: DBT SJCE TBK Discovery Deluxe
I play all kinds and it keeps up the only thing that let this down is there is no scratch guard and it marks quite easily I would recommend this to a beginner and a seasoned guitar player.
 8.7
 7.8
 9.5
 9,009
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
DBT SJCE TBK Discovery Deluxe Reviewed by: worthy79, on june 14, 2011

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: The guitar is designed in the UK and made in China it has 21 frets and has a cutaway body its almost jumbo its laminated all round with a grey smoke finish it has ivory trim with rosewood fretboard. It is a semi Acoustic guitar with a built in EQ with a bass treble and mid and a volume takes a battery tuners are unlabled came with nothing but the label with gauge measurements on it. // 8

Sound: I will start by saying I am no expert but a player of around six months I have played and started on a Yamaha but this thing feels and sounds great it suits me fine it sounds great through an amp and even on overdrive I am no expert but I picked this after trying a few and it sounds big and crisp. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was set up brilliantly pickups seemed to do the job there are no probs I can see my guitar teacher says he could play lead on it LOL only thing I would say is if I use 10 gauge strings the G string needs tuning every few hours but with 12 s on itts fine. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I am not experienced enough to comment on whether this would last a gig but it feels like it would last and the strap pegs feel fine finish is good a little thin around the sound hole looks a little worn the guitar will not hold tune for long periods of time without 12 gauge strings on but because I sarted on 10 s and now use 12 s it doesnt't matter to me this may be a negative on the tuning pegs as I said there is no na, e on them so. // 7

Overall Impression: I play all kinds and it keeps up the only thing that let this down is there is no scratch guard and it marks quite easily I would recommend this to a beginner and a seasoned guitar player and if I had the chance I would buy one again I look forward to looking back and picking it up in 20 year and saying I love this guitar it taught me well. // 8

Comments