Sundance review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: Sundance

Purchased from: shop in Brighton on day trip.

It has a lovely sound, which will improve even more with age. How do they do it for the money? I've been playing this a lot since I bought it! More than my Clapton Fender Strat and Telecaster. I have changed the bridge pins for posh ebony ones and its better still.

I play pop indie rock any thing that takes me fancy. I have been playing just over a year now. As mentioned earlier I own a Fender Clapton Strat and a 72 Deluxe Custom Telecaster. Marshall and Line 6 amps. If it got knicked I would with out a dought buy this brand again. It just suits me big time I love it. Compared it to Vintage and Aria guitars but this won me over. Wonder what it would sound like with EQ and through a Marshall AS50R.

As long as you treat it with some respect this guitar will last a life time I reckon. It came with a plastic end pin which I also changed for a posh ebony one. No second strap button, so I fitted one to the heel, hangs real nice.

The action was set just right. Not too low and not to high. The guitar came with a label stating the action measurements and quality control signitures. Build quality is excellent well made!

Bought brand new. Full name TW12 NST. Solid spruce top, laminated mahogony back sides. Not sure where it was made, but has a nice satin finish. It's a big dreadnaught but sits nicely on the lap. The guitar also has a built in tuner but no EQ. Tuner comes in handy as my ears aren't up to doing it relatively. I'm inpressed with the tone big time played great straight out of the box! Sounds better than a lot of more expensive guitars I have tried! The tuners are good, it just holds tune no matter what. When I up grade I wont hesitate to buy the same brand. Lovely smooth slim neck, I think for the money you can't go wrong.