Sundance Review

manufacturer: Tanglewood date: 01/04/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars
Tanglewood: Sundance
This "Sundance" cutaway electro-acoustic has a Shadow P & Pre-amp with solid spruce top and maple back & sides.
 9.3
 9.2
 9.3
 3,804
reviews (2) user comments vote for this gear:
Sundance Reviewed by: SsPunk, on june 07, 2004

Purchased from: Staffordshire

Features: - Laminated spruce top - Laminated mahogany back & sides - Rosewood fingerboard & bridge - Die-cast machine heads - Roto sound phosphor bronze extra light gauge strings // 8

Sound: This guitar suits my syle quite well. I mostly play Led Zeppellin, Meatpuppets, Nirvana type stuff. There is no buzz from playing barre chords and the harmonics are great. However ,When bending there is lots of friction Between the Strings And the fretboard, and a little buzz. apart from this the sound is great for a guitar this price. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I had to adjust the action a little on this guitar. It was very well made, with no major flaws or cracks. The only little thing I have found is a small dent oat the end of the 6th fret, but it's not audible, as it is past the 6th string. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very reliable, Unlike my Electric guitar. The finish has not tattered or scratched at all, the stap buttons are solid, but I would probably not use it at a live gig without backup if I was having to put my guitar in different tunings for every song. // 8

Overall Impression: I play acoustic Rock and also a bit of blues, and this guitar fits my style well. I have been playing for about 3 years. This guitar is brilliant value for money, it was better than some of the 400 guitars in the shop (and its a good guitar shop). // 10

Sundance Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 04, 2005

Purchased from: shop in Brighton on day trip.

Features: Bought brand new. Full name TW12 NST. Solid spruce top, laminated mahogony back sides. Not sure where it was made, but has a nice satin finish. It's a big dreadnaught but sits nicely on the lap. The guitar also has a built in tuner but no EQ. Tuner comes in handy as my ears aren't up to doing it relatively. I'm inpressed with the tone big time played great straight out of the box! Sounds better than a lot of more expensive guitars I have tried! The tuners are good, it just holds tune no matter what. When I up grade I wont hesitate to buy the same brand. Lovely smooth slim neck, I think for the money you can't go wrong. // 10

Sound: It has a lovely sound, which will improve even more with age. How do they do it for the money? I've been playing this a lot since I bought it! More than my Clapton Fender Strat and Telecaster. I have changed the bridge pins for posh ebony ones and its better still. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was set just right. Not too low and not to high. The guitar came with a label stating the action measurements and quality control signitures. Build quality is excellent well made! // 10

Reliability & Durability: As long as you treat it with some respect this guitar will last a life time I reckon. It came with a plastic end pin which I also changed for a posh ebony one. No second strap button, so I fitted one to the heel, hangs real nice. // 8

Overall Impression: I play pop indie rock any thing that takes me fancy. I have been playing just over a year now. As mentioned earlier I own a Fender Clapton Strat and a 72 Deluxe Custom Telecaster. Marshall and Line 6 amps. If it got knicked I would with out a dought buy this brand again. It just suits me big time I love it. Compared it to Vintage and Aria guitars but this won me over. Wonder what it would sound like with EQ and through a Marshall AS50R. // 10

Comments