TRD review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: TRD

Purchased from: Singapore tymusic

The guitar is great for strumming and fingerstyle. My family thought that this guitar was powerful sounding with sweet and clear mid tones. I especially love the mids and highs. And the rosewood back and sides provided the deep bass sustains.

I certainly would buy another if I've lost this. And would upgrade to the TW1000 to upgrade.

Strap buttons are of high quality. And I placed a Fishman humbuckle sound hole pickup to great success. I believe this guitar will last me a long time. Great value for money given that it sounded so good at such a great price.

Action was too high for my liking. But, being able to setup the guitar myself, I was quickly able to setup the guitar for my own style of play.

Made in China, but Tanglewood is a British brand. Standard Dreadnought sized. Solid Spruce top with rosewood sides and back. Glossy and natural colour. Rosewood bridge. Rosewood fingerboard. Mahogany neck. Gig back provided with purchase. Gold Kluson style tuners with Butterbean buttons. Bone compensating saddle. Rosewood rosette. Herringbone top binding. Maple back & side binding.

Pigeonboy
    Mendis, your experience is valid. Who's to say it's not as valid as as that of rv_pheonix? A friend of mine recently bought one of these in the UK and he thinks it's fantastic value and he's been playing guitar for more than 50 years. And so do I. Just because someone else prefers Hora or Regun that doesn't make them better.
    rv_phoenix
    Mendis
    Thanks for your comment. I will take note. Perhaps I am in-experienced. I will hope to try out a Hora or Regun acoustic if given the chance.
    rv_phoenix wrote: I heard one of my acquintances playing a gig on a Tanglewood TRD a few weeks ago. I was impressed by its tuning stability, but the sound is just average and it lacks character. Tanglewoods have vastly improved recently, but for this price you simply cannot get a professional instrument. I think the rating is exagerated. I know 240 $ is cheap, but, hey, we are rating musical instruments here, not used cars. They have to sound good. They actually have to be outstanding. And I know at least 2-3 makes who offer you, for the same 240 $, much better instruments. Have you ever heard of Hora or Regun acoustic guitars?