TW130 ASM CE review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: TW130 ASM CE

Price paid: € 325

Purchased from: Txirula (España)

This guitar will not leave you indifferent, just seeing it already is special, the sound is superb, powerful, sharp, size makes it comfortable to play for hours.

OOO size guitar auditorium, made of solid mahogany on the top and the back, the sides are mahogany laminated, one-piece mahogany neck, the fingerboard and Rosewood bridge, carries inlays on the fingerboard and the rosette is type herringbone fish, has a cutaway and is electrified with Fishman Isys T with 9V battery and included tuner. The strings are D'Addario EXP11 12-53, the shovel is drilled in the style of classical guitars, the bridge is 43 mm and 650 mm scale It does not have edges in the body on the fingerboard or on the edge of the mast and the anagram of Tanglewood in the shovel is Avalon. It is designed and revised in the United Kingdom and manufactured in China, although it does not anywhere.

This guitar has a very powerful sound for the size of box that presents, is very crisp and clear bass and the media are very melodic, you notice the wood and gives the size of outstanding form without plug. The amplifier works very well and offers a very pleasant sound, however the Fishman carrying not you asked, as it is the heap and meets perfectly. Strings D'Addario EXP carrying, I personally do not like me, are a little hard and the sound is too metallic, so as soon as I can I am going to put some D'Addario EJ16 12-53, these strings took using them many years, have a sweet sound and a long service life.

It was a little high action for my taste, as all the guitars that I had and had to get off, the good news is that with the key of the mast has been sufficient and didn't have to dismantle the bridge to sand it. I has been perfect, the strings very close to the fretboard, really comfortable and not moved anything at all. The finishes are excellent, satin varnish, gives the impression of crafts where you look at it, tuning fork carries a streak and an exquisite color, and very nice touch seeing the entire width without white borders, strings are 2 mm separate as a whole, resulting in the majority of the guitars, this comfortable. The interior of the guitar has gobs of glue or remainders of varnish, shovel and headstock are another point where glad to watch this guitar, beautiful and perfectly finished, the mechanisms are highly accurate, nothing is not tune, the rosette is very well done, it is classic and beautiful. The frets are perfectly polished, to its proper height and its edges not scratch.

This guitar is very well done and is expected of her long-lasting if cared for, since having no edges on the body, this is a weak point, otherwise I always have treated fine guitars and spend years being as the first day, I hope that it not will take a hit. It is clear in any case that is not going to have the strength of an Ovation Balladeer. Anyway, I think that the best thing for a guitar is a hard case and in this way at least we are giving this guitar a duration that will not have if it is lying around

This guitar is all that I had, that has most impressed me by finishes, color, sound, and sense of craft that emerges, if it weren't for the amplifier, it seems that it has emerged from the time machine 70 years ago. The tone of mahogany wood, may not like any, but I love, gives you that antique look of handmade instruments, as I usually play at home long time need a guitar that sounds very good and not necessary to plug it to get a good match, as happens with the balladeer so I have no conflict with neighbors. In short, this guitar is ideal and very complete, has everything what can be ordered. For the price I paid find me a little gem, almost a gift, I have sold many guitars, some faces and prestige, but this and say that you I will not let go of it.