TW15 HB Heritage review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: TW15 HB Heritage

Purchased from: Ebay (NEW)

This Guitar is awesome for finger picking! (1-3/4" nut) suits me perfectly because I love to finger pick. It has a very well balanced tone. The G, B, and High E strings aren't as loud as I thought they should be when strummed with a finger or a thumb but they ring out nicely when strummed with a pick or are plucked with finger nails or finger picks. This guitar has barely been played so that may change as it opens up. Has nice deep tones when using a thumb pick to carry the bass lines. This is a very SWEET SOUNDING GUITAR FOR THE MONEY! Should get better with age being all solid wood! It Rivals Martins that I have played which cost three to four times as much. I should mention that I got a really good deal on it. They normally retail for around $1100.00 and I paid $525.00 on Ebay (brand new though) My ratings also reflect the value of guitar at this price! I gave it a 9 only because it was a little quieter than I thought it should be when strummed with fingers. This will probably get better with age.

I play allot of Folk/rock and oldschool country. This guitar is perfect for all of them. It John Prine and Townes Van Zandt finger picking styles and this guitar is great for that. I've been playing a little over two years and have been educating myself on acoustics all along the way. Yu can't go wrong with any Tanglewood. I really wanted the TW15 ASM (all solid mahogany) but this was such a good deal that I couldn't pass it up. Glad I didn't but I still am jonesing for the deeper tone and overall VOLUME that all solid mahogany guitar provides so if this one were stolen I would probably by the TW15 ASM. I chose this one because I like to get the most bang for my buck.

I haven't had it very long and I try to pamper my guitars so I can't say much about durability... I do wail on my guitars when I get to playing and this guitar seems very well made I think it will hold up nicely and should be outstanding for live performances.

The action was perfect right out of the box. And the Elixir strings are so sweet! Barr chords almost as easy as on electric guitar. AMAZING. Had a hum from the pickups. Tanglewood is taking care of that at one of their service centers. I am very pleased with my experience with the Tanglewood distributor. This guitar is a hand crafted work of art. Quality in every detail. It is understated and minimalistic in it's design, but that suits me very well!

Manufactured in 2009 stamped Handcrafted inside (not sure where) the headstock says United Kingdom but some forums say that they are outsourced to China. - Body style: Dreadnought (All Solid Wood) - Top: Solid AAA Sitka Spruce (gloss finish) - Back and sides: solid Mahogany (gloss finish) - Neck solid mahogany (satin finish) - Nut: Bone, Saddle: Bone Comp - Electronics: B-Band preamp/pickups with full range tuner - Hardshell case and humidifier included