TW15 NS review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: TW15 NS

I play alot of acoustic rock andthis gutar is very well suited for that. Has big booming lows and strong clear consice highs. Really great tone and I get comments from guitarist friends all the time about how great it sounds.

If this gutar where stolen, after killing whoever nicked it I'd buy another of them, I love these guitars, I love everything about it. If your buying an acoustic buy this one or its twelve stringed sister.

I can see this gutar being passed down my famly for generations. I trust this gutar because it has never failed me yet all the fittings are seeingly invincible and the finish is hard wearing.

The action was perfect. I can't put it any other way! It's so lite and responsive. The top is imaculatly constucted and has a sorta reddish brown marbled pickgaurd which is shaped very nicely (go find pics to see what I mean). It also has creme bindingg and detaiing around the sound hole all with little thin delicate black lines within. The binding also extends up the side of the neck which is adorned with mother of pearl dimond shaped markers. This gutar was perfect from day one.

The Tanglewood was hand crafted in Indonesia and retails for 269. It has a beautiful one peice mahogany neck with a dark rosewood fretboard adorned with 20 well sized frets, the neck is so slim and is just a dream to play, it's as fast at anyone could need it to be andthe actions feather lite, beautiful. It's got a solid spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides and all that quality wood is coated with smooth satin varnish which is soft to the touch. It's a dreadnought body shape but sits nicly in the lap while sitting and hangs nicly standing. The bridge is a Martin or Taylor design more or less stolen from their designers, looks good, does its job well, what more do you want? It has 18:1 Grover tuners in a 3:3 configuration, the 18 to 1 ratio means they tune very finley and those machine heads keep it the guitar in tune for ages! Even tho there not locking. Mine came with a case, a hardshell case which fits it very snugly, it's also avalibe (for 299pounds) in a 12 string version which is what I'm going to get when I upgrade (which I may very well not do). I love this guitar.

hawser
    found a really good one these in ny as good as any martin as far as tone and volume even might rival some prewars because its new I expect it to age into a cannon in a few more yrs. highly impressed
    KenG
    I looked at a TW15DLX in Axe Music the other day and was very impressed. These guitars really seem to resonate very nicely and they're made of real tone woods too. I think I'll be owning one before the spring. Thanks for the review.
    robbie
    I have a TW15N-NS and it sounds beautiful. I love it, fantastic acoustic guitar.
    Cheepy
    I have the TW15-NS-WN. they are both the same except mine has an pickup and it's made in china. I got mine for 1400 Australian dollars, it's rrp is 2000.. the sound of the guitar, can only be described with one word, magnificent. You just have to pluck open strings and it sounds great! Any chord or riff you play on this baby will sound good. I've had it for about a month and had not tuned since buying it from the shop. The guitar is almost flawless and a great buy!!! nice review!!
    jonty66uk
    mine has a crack from nut to the tuner hole high e. and round the diamond at the back of the headstock??? still stays in tune though
    simpe
    I bought one of these yesterday and I must say I'm really impressed. I was first going for the TW28 but the store had a major sale and I got a superdeal on this guitar. Didn't try it as much as I could have in the store (they were closing) but when I got home I gave it a good spin and I was super-impressed. Amazing sustain and tone, stays in tune and looks great. I think the review sums it up pretty good. So if you have the money, and want a great guitar that will probably last forever, then buy this one.
    Dalwhat
    I bought the left handed version eight years ago and the tone gets better every year as the solid wood construction continues to season. There have been no hardware failures although I have kept to the 12-53 stringing so as to avoid having to mess with the truss rod. This guitar retails for far more these days and it's maturing improvement is a testament to its longevity.