TW28/12 CLN review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: TW28/12 CLN

The sound that comes out of this guitar is of another world it is amazing. It sounds unbelievably crisp with any acoustic song that is produced. It is also incredibly loud. I recently had a gig with this guitar in a large hall. The microphone that was in front of this guitar was practically on silent as it wasn't really needed for a guitar of this volume! I had never seen or heard a 12 string guitar live before I got this one and I had know idea that a guitar could give out such a crisp sound. If you want to get a 12 string guitar then I believe that this Tanglewood 12 string guitar would be perfect for you.

I absolutely love this guitar and I would never want to replace it for any other acoustic 12 string guitar. I feel that the manufacturers of this guitar have spend a long time creating this guitar as it is so perfect, OK so the actions is quite high but that doesn't stop anything, if you have to then you can learn to work around it. If you ever see a Tanglewood guitar in your local shop don't hesitate to ask for a play then you will understand about the quality and the time spent on this guitar.

This guitar will definitely withstand live playing as it has such a strong build, everything on this guitar is very well built (As it is made in the U.K.). I like where the strap buttons are placed as it gives a firm hold to the guitar so I know that I know I will not drop it when the strap falls off (not that it will or ever has). I have been playing and have played this guitar for a long time and not yet have I seen any signs of damage.

The action on this guitar is quite high but it is bound to be when there are 12 strings. This does however make it hard to play bar chords and power chords but they are doable if you have strong fingers. Everything on the guitar fits together perfectly there are no loose things or things that just shouldn't be there. When playing this guitar it feels so amazingly smooth moving around the chords it doesn't feel cheap or quickly made it feels like someone has spend there time on manufacturing a good acoustic 12 string guitar.

12 String dreadnought shaped acoustic guitar, Natural Satin finish, Cedar top, Mahogany back and sides, Maple bound body, Oval shaped rosewood fingerboard, Rosewood Bridge, Bone saddle, Bone top nut, Grover style die-cast chrome machine heads, Abalone rosette and Walnut binding. This guitar is manufactured in the United Kingdom it has been handcrafted to perfection, it has 21 frets with a Mahogany neck. It also has a beautiful look and finish. The body shape is believed to be dreadnought which is rather large but very fitting and comfortable for any guitarist.