TW28 CLN review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: TW28 CLN

Purchased from: Sarum Guitars

I am an electric player primarily, and I found this guitar has a wonderful warm sound, thanks to the Cedar top. After playing several guitars in the shop (many of which were much more expensive), I settled for this guitar for its beautiful warm sound. I primarily play rock ballad-style material on the guitar, but is wonderful for finger-picking, played fingerstyle, it certainly has a soft mellow sound that sounds amazing for slower songs. I even preferred the sound too guitars over double the price, and more well-known brands also.

A wonderful guitar that sounds better and plays nicer than guitars costing twice as much. so, it may have only cost 145 (190 with the case), but it truely is superb against guitars of a similar price. It sounds beautiful and looks it too with the binding and general finnish. An extremely good guitar for the price.

This guitar seems relatively solid. Nothing seems to be in any way loose or poorly fitted. Despite general opinion of Tanglewood guitars, this is very much a solid guitar and certainly seems reliable. The finnish does seem to be turning slightly glossy with the scratches from strumming away for days on end, but there is no real problem there, it is just general wear.

The action was set rather low making it very easy to play, although it does mean that it rattles when you play high up the neck, particularly around the 12th fret. The build quality does not show any real flaws. The only complaint is damage to the finnish on the back of the neck, but I highly suspect this was due to transportation of man-handling in the shop, as opposed to poor workmanship. As for the finnish in general, the matte finnish is very pleasing to the eye and doesn't get sticky with sweaty hands like some gloss finnishes.

This model, from the Evolution series, is a very tidy guitar for its price. Mahogony body, cedar top, mahogony neck and a rosewood fingerboard with 20 frets. The neck has binding and the body has decorative beading around the edges. With it came a non-specific hard case.

fithin
    I've got this guitar myself. It's a very nice one, also my first by the way. The guitar wasn't very expensive, but I also think the sound is nice
    jordanheaman23
    I also have this guitar. Mine was origonally to sell for $600, but in the end I was able to get it for around $400 due to a minor cloudy finish. Great guitar!