TW28 CLN review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: TW28 CLN

Price paid: A$ 250

Purchased from: Music Express Robina

I use this guitar when I busk and it has never let me down, it has a very warm, almost comforting sound that can be strummed, picked or finger picked. I use this guitar for songs ranging from golden oldies, to ballads, to modern things like Greenday or Blink182.

For busking this is a great guitar, although I wouldn't use it for a stage performance (simply because I would use my other guitars) I'm sure you could. I have been playing this guitar for some time now and it is a great peice. Its just a good, honest bit of wood and strings, and that's what I love about it. I was leaning towards a Fender Sonoran but I couldn't leave without this little beauty! I just wish it had that second knob! (maybe you would call it a button?)

Like I said, I use this guitar for busking and all it has is general wear, no major scratches or dints and the hardware is all still firmly fitted. It is a very reliable guitar, and has never let me down, it hasent even broken a string whilst performing yet (just jinxed it didn't I?!)

Action is set very low, and has a slight rattle past the 14/15 fret. The build quality is great, from structure to finish, I could not find a single flaw anywhere, which is saying something seeing as how I'm a pesimist and always look for the negatives. The only problem I have with it is that there is only one strap-knob, meaning I had to get a tie on strap for it.

This Guitar was designed in the United Kingdom and hand made in China. Has 20 frets on a rosewood fingerboard and mahogany neck. The body is mahogany dreadnaught with a Cedar top. I managed to get this guitar for AU$250 and the bloke at the shop threw in a gig bag for half price.

robbarrie
    I've got two ! I truly love them, feels awesome, sounds fantastic with Elixir strings tuned down 1/2 or full step. I have played many guitars at the local music shop, if you can find one of these which is setup and built right they are a absolute steal for the money, compared to the big guys here in North America It comes without a finish, I love that..
    voodoo7
    i bought this guitar too very pleased with it too. i could do with putting on new strings now though but im not sure of the gauge the first set were . i think light gauge but im not sure