110 review by Taylor

Taylor: 110

Purchased from: Gold Coast Music, Southport

First thing people notice with this guitar is the volume. It is a very loud guitar. A sound as smooth as silk that makes your level of playing sound a whole lot better with out doing anything different. People take notice of this guitar even if they know nothing about them. I play a lot of '70s rock and Folk style and it suits perfect. I am sure you could do much more with it. It makes you want to play better every day. I have played for 15 years and never before have I been so keen every morning to pick up an insturment.

I would buy from Taylor again, all my mates are out to get one after seeing mine. Go try one out in a store for yourself. I tested it against Fender and other top name brands and this won out over all of them.

I don't play live anymore but I would be very happy to walk out on stage with a 10 under my arm. It's never broke a string. It is sensitive to changes in temp though. I live in Australia and use air-con a lot so most days I have to re-tune it before playing after a temp change of 10C (50F) or more. It looks the same as the day I bought it. No signs of wear and tear like my other insturments have.

It is an easy guitar to keep looking clean. I have owned mine for well over a year and have never cleaned it ever. It's finish does not show finger prints at all. In fact when you put it beside my other 4 glossy guitars it makes them look cheap. Which is cool as it is my flagship guitar after all. It has no fancy decals, the fact it is so basic to look at but packs so much punch is part of the reason I love it. You know you spent your money on pure sound quality rather then some fancy paint finish on a second rate sounding guitar. It's a very light guitar, partly due to the fact there is no internal braces as found on cheaper instruments. It is quite amazing to look inside the sound hole and see nothing on the back of the guitar at all other then it's contour.

The Taylor 10 came with a very nice looking gig bag that gets comments before I even take the guitar out of it. The 10 is a very back to basics guitar with no picup or electronics on board, which is exactly what I was after. It has 20 frets, with a nice thin neck that your hand will not cramp up on after a few bar chords.

jeffo46
    I was given , I repeat, given one of these a few months ago through Guitars for Veterans . I have been playing for 45 plus years and it's without a doubt, the best sounding Acoustic I have ever owned. Ever since I got it, I got rid of all of my other Acoustics and now won't play anything else but Taylors. They're the best !
    anita prs bad
    This is an awsome guitar for beginner and more mature players. If you can afford to spend this kind of money then deffinitly give ths beutiful instrument a try at the store. I own one and its all i play now even sound's good through a cheapo dean markley pickup little heavy on the feed back but alright. cheers!
    phinstur
    I own a 2007 110e and it came with on board electronics and it sounds great plugged in at my church and everywhere I go. The tone is booming and that is one thing to be considered (I personally love the loud sound). The EQ controls work great with a pre-amp volume control. Great guitar for the price the only thing your not getting much of is the string to neck distance, towards the bottom of the guitar its nearly 1 cm. Don't get me wrong the neck is fast, but its not quite hairline apart like the upper level taylors.
    FLProfCoach
    Great quality workmanship in this guitar. Fun to play. VERY loud sound...unless you play drop-D fingerstyle. The alternating bass line gets drowned out by the midtones.