110E review by Taylor

Taylor: 110E

I love playing all types of styles, from blues to country to classical to Acoustic pop. This guitar sounds great for all type of genres. When plugged in, I usually play with a clean sound through a church sound system, and it sounds beautiful with no imperfections in sound. The electronics are out of the way (on the neck-side of the guitar) and you may get a variety of sound out of playing around with the two tone knobs. This is a very versatile guitar.

Overall, this guitar is amazing for the price. The Music I play most in front of a Live crowd is worship music, and I have gotten many compliments about how my sound improved from when I had my last Acoustic, to this one. My favorite feature is the electronics, they are small and out of the way. They are also so small, that you still get a very natural sound when you play it unplugged. If you buy this guitar, you will certainly not regret it. It was my first Taylor, but it certainly won't be my last!

I've had this guitar for about 4 months now, and it has aged quit well this far. It has been used every Wednesday and Sunday in front of a Live crowd since I received it. I have had absolutely no wear and tear. The finish is still flawless in spite of it bumping walls and tables and such. I have never had to worry about having a backup while using this guitar.

When I received this guitar in December, it was more than ready to play. The action was perfect, the fretboard felt great, the finish was flawless, and the strings weren't cheap feeling or mediocre. No complaints at all!

This is by far the best guitar I have ever had. It is mid-ranged but has the sound of a higher priced Acoustic Taylor. It has an active pickup inside (Taylor EST), and sounds just as good plugged up, as unplugged. I have never felt such a good neck on a guitar, it is very easy to play on and feels great. Because of the great tuners, I barely ever have to tune the guitar up each time I play it. Included with it came this great padded gig bag that has kept it from scratches and other dangers. It is a great deal.

Jac the frog
    I have a 114E ( same construction with a smaller body) and it's really a nice axe, well made, easy to play,the spruce top is outstanding for the price and the acoustic sound is beautiful, realy a Taylor. Even if the electronic is more simple than the upper Taylor range it work very well. I had buy this axe as a remplacenent of my stolen Guild D25s and for playing with an acoustic old western music band who play sometime in "no secure instrument area" and i don't want use my top end acoustic axes with . For this band i wanted an axe that would be : - Strong : Laminated woods are more stronger than plain woods - Confortable because the long gigs with this band: a very easy to play axe ( i have the factory setup on) - Loud enough unpluged for acoustic gigs and a good sound qualitie for the pluged times : The 114E is a bit less louder than the 110E cause the smaller body but it make the job very well and the sound is more balanced for me, pluged the smaller body is more feedback resistant .The electronic is , simple and quiet and with the soundcraft EFX 12 of the band the sound can be really nice (and not only for the price) . So, a nice working horse axe, not expensive for the quality and really able to a professional use .
    Maddaxe111
    I've had my Taylor 110e for over a year now. It has the nice "Taylor" tone, and very easy to play. I love the tone for recording, but to be honest I found that when I jam with other acoustic/electric players. My guitar gets lost in the mix. This has happened on several occasions, with different sound applications. Acoustic amps, direct to PA etc.