114CE review by Taylor

Taylor: 114CE

It suits my music style very well, which is mostly strumming irish Christian and Folk tunes, with some oldies and pop songs thrown in. I'm using a crummy Beringer right now, but I plan to get a nicer amp soon. The one I plugged it into at the store was amazing! The 114 has a very bright sound. I almost got a Martin, which was very deep and dark, but the high end wasn't that good, so I changed my mind and got the Taylor. I'd prefur to have a better high end. When I plug it in and crank up the Bass a little bit, It souds like the best guitar in the world.

This is an amazing guitar. I've only been playing for a year, and I know that I don't deserve it even though I'm a fast learner. But I also play better on this guitar than on any other, and I think it will help me to improve. If this thing were stolen, I would buy this again if I had the money, but if I had more money, I'd probobly b uy the 14CE, which has a better pickup system and solid sides and back. (not laminated.) but for under a grand, this is the best guitar. I compared this to the Martin Dcx1e and to a Breedlove and some others and this is by far the best. I chose this because of the brightness and the clarity of each individual string. I you play country and like a deep base, you might want to look in the the Martin Dreadnought DCX1E, but if you want bright, this guitar is right.

The guitar seems strong enough, but I'm not about to test it. I would take it on a gig without a backup, but I'd make sure to have a good case too. I wouldn't want anthing to happen to it.

The action was great, and much better than the Martin. This guitar is the easiest to play period. Out of all the guitars that I played, on this one my hand slid right up and down the neck and the strings were in the right place and everything. So far, I cannot see any factory defects.

This guitar was made in Mexico in November of 2000. I was a little surprised when I found out that it was made in Mex. but the guitar is still wonderful. By the way, Taylor only has the two locations, mexico and El Cajo California. This is 20 fret guitar, the fingerboarde is made of rosewood and the top is solid Satika Spruce. The body is laminated sapele and the neck is solid sapele. It has a satin finish, and the body style is a cutaway Grand Autitorium. (Not a dreadnought, smaller.) It has a ES-T sound system with Volume, Base, and Trab. That's it. The guitar came with a Taylor gig bag, but I bought a hardshel anyway. The only thing that I think is missing is an onboard tuner. I mean, for the price, I think it should be encluded.