114CE review by Taylor

Taylor: 114CE

Purchased from: Music Store (on sale)

Sound, can't be rated. What sounds good to me may not sound good to you. But I think this sounds like an Acoustic should. It has that I'm a taylor" sound. But can get pretty ballsy when I put bass on. I just don't like hte fact there is not a 'mid' switch. It's just bass, trebble, and volume.

This guitar fits me well, it's far from "perfect" but I think there will never be a perfect guitar. And I'm sure with care this can last me a good 5 years at least. I bought it on sale, and I don't regret buying it. It needed a setup when I got it, but after that it played exceptional. Great guitar for the money, and I feel like I'm paying for quality not just the name. Would def. recommend to others.

I think this guitar will withstand a bunch. That doesn't mean don't take care of it. I've bumped it a few times on sharp corners, and I don't notice any scuffs. I put a strap lock on, but I'd rather pay for 30 strap lock again, not a 800 dollar guitar. Finish is well done.

I'll be honest, when I got it setup was TERRIBLE. I got it set up and it plays MUCH better now. Pickup seemed to not register high-E string well. Once I took it into my local shop for a setup, they fixed that as well. Was a pain before setup, but now plays like a dream. That's my favorite aspect of this guitar.

2010 Taylor 114ce. I think mexican but I have no idea. 20 frets only, which for me is a downer. Solid top with laminated sides. Natural finish. Active electronics. Most of the downs are from features, but other than that the guitar is great. Here is what could improve it: mid range adjuster (just bass and trebble), maybe a tuner but I have one anyways, different finishes, and that's about it. I wish it came with a hardcase, if you pay this much you should expect a case.