114CE review by Taylor

Taylor: 114CE

LOVE the way this guitar sounds. Very deep and rich sound for such a small body. I have to use a cup when amplified and using monitors, because the A string resonates enough feel it through the back of the body. Even when attenustaed by the cup, it sounds amazing. The pickups provide fantastic sound.

Love this guitar. Want to buy another just to have the same guitar as a backup. I do everything from Tool to Alice In Chains to Lady Gaga. It'll fit whatever style I'm trying to get out of it. I play it through a Yamaha EX512 system with Peavy 12s and it really sounds excellent. I get constant compliments from musicians who attend our shows on the quality of the sound coming out of this guitar.

It seems to be durable. I frequently gig without a backup. The satin finish is becoming glossy where my right armdrapesd over the body, but the guitar looks great. I tend to beat the hell out of my instruments when I play... Just passionate, I guess, but... So far so good.

Factory set up is perfect. No buzzes. This guitar has better action and playability than any Acoustic I've ever played. So easy tomove up and down the fret board. I'm soloing on it in ways that just aren't possible on my other guitars. Still using the Elixer Nanoweb strings that Taylor uses in the factory. Love this marriage that Taylor uses.

This is a 2009 model ce114 20 fret guitar with a cutaway "Grand Auditorium" shape. It was made in the Mexico factory. It is Taylor's signature EST electronics. The controls are Bass, Treble, and Volume, but they behave more like cab-emulators when arrainged in various settings. Came with a gig bag, instead of a hard-shell case. For the money, better protection should come standard.

smokinsuds
    The 114ce has such a deep, rich tone. I have an Ibanez zebrawood acoustic electric and it doesn't have the tone depth that this one does. It's by far and away the easiest guitar and best sounding that I've personally owned. It seems to have a relatively tough design, I wouldn't recommend dropping or anything. I spent a half hour in the music shop playing this guitar before I decided to pull the trigger and I must say that it was one of the best decisions I've made in a guitar. I did look at the $1,600 Martic acoustic electric only for the simple fact that it had an on board tuner but, the sound that I was looking for was found in the Taylor. Very bright. The lows are low and the highs are high. Straight off the shelf there was no buzzing in strings, no frets that were popped up or not filed down enough, The warranty is second to none and I plan on playing this for live shows time and time again. I would definitely invest in another one...And that's exactly what it is. An investment. very proud to own one.